Reload this Page >

Car service in Istanbul

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Car service in Istanbul

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2005, 9:31 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Car service in Istanbul

I will be travelling to Turkey the second week of September. I will be staying in Istanbul and would be interested in information on car driven services. I will commute between Istanbul and Sile and I will also need to pick up some colleagues at the airport.

Any recommendation on a reliable provider would be welcome. Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 9:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
The hotel where you are staying may have a service or be able to recommend one
Old Apr 3, 2006, 7:28 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JOUY31
I will be travelling to Turkey the second week of September.
Any recommendation on a reliable provider would be welcome. Thanks for your help.
JOUY31, who did you end up using?

--
Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:15 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Resurrecting -- need advice

Am resurrecting this thread because there really is not much hard data here, or at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europ...-opinions.html.

Other threads have mentioned www.shuttledirect.com and www.allistanbultransfer.com -- has anyone used them and with what results?

This is for IST, not Sabiha Gokcen, to the IC Ceylan at Taksim Square.

Hotel wants 150 Euros one way to send a car!

Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2009, 7:37 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Any takers?

before I book blindly off the web?

Pleeeze??
Old Nov 20, 2009, 5:05 am

Update

Thought I would post my own experience for future IST travelers and searchers.

I used Backpacker Travel

Web : www.backpackerstravel.net
Mail : [email protected]

for transfers to from and to the airport. Excellent service. Incoming flight was a half hour late and representative was waiting with a sign with my name. He took me to the car and driver, who was there within three minutes.

On the outbound, I had a 5:30 am pickup, and driver was there early. Excellent service in both cases.

Cost: 25 euros each way. I understand a taxi is about 20 euros, so BackPackerTravel is good value. To be recommended. ^
Old May 1, 2010, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by spainflyer
Thought I would post my own experience for future IST travelers and searchers.

I used Backpacker Travel
Web : www.backpackerstravel.net
Mail : [email protected]

for transfers to from and to the airport. Excellent service. Incoming flight was a half hour late and representative was waiting with a sign with my name. He took me to the car and driver, who was there within three minutes.

On the outbound, I had a 5:30 am pickup, and driver was there early. Excellent service in both cases.

Cost: 25 euros each way. I understand a taxi is about 20 euros, so BackPackerTravel is good value. To be recommended. ^
Wow, that's a great deal and so much better than the rip-off hotel fees. I'll give them a try in a couple of weeks.
Thanks for posting!
Old May 4, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
I had no problems using a taxi at the airport. 40 YTL (~$28) to Taksim Square area. I realize that's not car service, as desired, but for others who want to compare.
Old May 10, 2010, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
My hotel is offering a service for 30 euros, so not all hotel arrangements are total ripoffs. This is a bit more than some quotes I'm seeing here, but not totally out of line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.