Wiki Posts
Search

Taxi/Car Service from CDG to Mantes-La-Jolie

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2003, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Location: New York, NY USA, CO Gold, UA Premiere Exec, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Taxi/Car Service from CDG to Mantes-La-Jolie

Any recommendations on how to get from CDG to Mantes-La-Jolie? My preference is to take a private car. Any idea of the cost, and who to contact to make arrangements for pickup?

Any alternate methods of transportation to Mantes-La-Jolie would be appreciated as well.

Thank you

------------------
I'd gladly buy an extra seat....if I got status miles for it.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 10:07 am

Hmm, I doubt too many private cars are hired to go to Mantes-La-Jolie, a pretty rough neighborhood.

It is over 50 miles from CDG, which would make it an expensive taxi ride. Searching old posts in the Paris forum in FT Travel will yield some information on private car hire service.

There is an SNCF train line going through Mantes, leaving from Paris St.Lazare. Trip time is 35-60 minutes depending on the train, frequency 3-4 times an hour.

CDG-St.Lazare: RER B to Gard du Nord, transfer to RER E.

Another alternative would be to take the RER B to Chatelet, then RER A5 to Poissy, where you could either transfer to the SNCF train or take a cab, as Poissy is not that far from Mantes-La-Jolie.

I recall seeing a bus between Paris and Mantes as well.

Be warned that these areas are all but prosperous, and be streetwise when taking public transportation.

Renting a subcompact might be the most efficient solution, time and money-wise. As for leaving a newer car parked outside overnight in Mantes...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.