Wiki Posts
Search

Airport Delays on the Continent

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Airport Delays on the Continent

As I write this, it's roughly 0030 Monday in Europe on the Continent, and I'm seeing what I think is an unusually large number of delays at major airports. I've checked some of the airports' weather observations, and didn't see anything extraordinary.

Am I just naive regarding Sunday night's operations, or is there something else going on?

Thanks.

http://flightaware.com/live/airport/delays
Airport delays
Frankfurt Int'l (FRA / EDDF) is currently experiencing arrival delays for airborne aircraft an average of 56 minutes.
Munich Int'l (MUC / EDDM) is currently experiencing departure delays an average of 1 hours 24 minutes.
Copenhagen (CPH / EKCH) is currently experiencing departure delays an average of 46 minutes.
Goteborg (GOT / ESGG) is currently experiencing arrival delays for airborne aircraft an average of 1 hours 17 minutes.
Barcelona Int'l (BCN / LEBL) is currently experiencing departure delays an average of 50 minutes.
Barajas Int'l (MAD / LEMD) is currently experiencing departure delays an average of 26 minutes.
Malpensa Int'l (MXP / LIMC) is currently experiencing arrival delays for airborne aircraft an average of 42 minutes.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 17, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Does look too unusual in my opinion. Not like there's too much traffic going on anywhere.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WorldLux
Does look too unusual in my opinion. Not like there's too much traffic going on anywhere.
Yes, that was also puzzling -- looked at a couple of the airports shown with delays, skies virtually empty.

Maybe Flightaware is all wet.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:17 pm

Some of the airports in your list are closed for passenger operations at the time of day you posted (e.g. FRA). So, either a computer glitch or older data from thr day before, or whatever, but certainly not real-time info!

Last edited by KLouis; Sep 17, 2017 at 10:22 pm
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
Some of the airports in your list are closed for passenger operations at the time of day you posted (e.g. FRA). So, either a computer glitch or older data from thr day before, or whatever, but certainly not real-time info!
Thank you, I like the stale data theory. Certainly this is not the first issue I've encountered with Flightaware.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.