Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Tromso, Norway to London, England to Paris,France to Rome, Italy in 3 weeks?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Next year I plan to travel Europe for a bit in July. I plan to go for three weeks departing from Los Angeles then to Tromso, Norway to London, England to Paris, France to Rome, Italy and finally back to Los Angeles. I have friends in Tromso and London who I plan to visit and I figure since I'll already be in Europe I should see the other cities I've been dying to see.

My first question is, is 3 weeks enough time to see all these cities have to offer? I was thinking of flying to each destination to save on traveling time. Also when would be the best time to purchase tickets?

I am having trouble finding airfare history chats of LAX to TOS so if anyone could help me with my travel budget here that would be awesome.

How much should I budget to spend in each place? I don't have unlimited funds, I plan to have at least $5000 saved up for all expenses including airfare. Is that feasible?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you all have to offer.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:00 am

See it all of course not.

But in three weeks you can definitely see all the important stuff and some of the less known attractions. Also 5 grand for three weeks? Norway is expensive but I'm pretty sure you can do it for half that!

Unless going to TOS first is necessary for some reason, I'd fly into the cheapest destination between LON, CDG, or FCO and go from there. Plan 4/5 days per city and you'll have time to enjoy each destination.
earynnm likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by earynnm
Next year I plan to travel Europe for a bit in July. I plan to go for three weeks departing from Los Angeles then to Tromso, Norway to London, England to Paris, France to Rome, Italy and finally back to Los Angeles. I have friends in Tromso and London who I plan to visit and I figure since I'll already be in Europe I should see the other cities I've been dying to see.

My first question is, is 3 weeks enough time to see all these cities have to offer? I was thinking of flying to each destination to save on traveling time. Also when would be the best time to purchase tickets?

I am having trouble finding airfare history chats of LAX to TOS so if anyone could help me with my travel budget here that would be awesome.

How much should I budget to spend in each place? I don't have unlimited funds, I plan to have at least $5000 saved up for all expenses including airfare. Is that feasible?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you all have to offer.
Presume you will stay with friends in TOS and London (England) so that will cut down on expenses significantly. I suggest you get a good return deal to a gateway city in Europe from LAX and use budget airlines for the intra-Europe legs. Check sites like Skyscanner for the best deals when they are loaded. Sign up to the major low cost carriers - Norwegian-easyJet-Ryanair for newsletters.

If you can avoid the Jun-Aug period airfares drop significantly in September
earynnm likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:08 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
If you're into nature, since you're in TOS you should go visit LYR - the northernmost point in the world where you can buy a plane ticket to at 78°N.
London to Paris - take Eurostar as it'll be faster than flying.

As far as booking tickets, I'd get something into OSL - lots of cheap tickets nowadays, and out of PAR or ROM. Consider using miles for intra-EU flights as that may be cheaper than buying tickets.
ajGoes and earynnm like this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Three weeks seems like a good amount of time for the stops you've listed.

The budget really depends on where you stay and what you like to do. There's a big price difference between a 4-star hotel in Paris and a hostel! And of course you're visiting 3 of the most expensive cities in Europe.

If you're diligent in searching for hotel/hostel deals, finding good coach airfare, and saving some money by staying with friends, I think you'll be very comfortable with $5000.

The one thing I'd recommend is DON'T try to cut corners on your budget by staying at hotels outside the cities' main areas. Sure, you'll get a better price staying by the airport, but you'll almost certainly regret not staying where all the action is.

As you do your planning, if you have specific questions on cost trade-offs, where to stay in a city, etc., post them here and we'll be glad to help.
ajGoes and earynnm like this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

Thanks for your help! I am actually a grad student studying natural resources so I'd love to check out cool nature spots! But being a student it also restricts my travel schedule to July if I'm going to travel for so long. Thanks again!
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by earynnm
Hi All,

Thanks for your help! I am actually a grad student studying natural resources so I'd love to check out cool nature spots! But being a student it also restricts my travel schedule to July if I'm going to travel for so long. Thanks again!
Then LYR is a must!
earynnm likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.