Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Uber pick-up point at OTP airport, Bucharest?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold

Any idea where is uber pickup point at OTP? I sent a DM with uber support on twitter and was advised it's on the first level (= ground flr?) outside parking which seems abit vague.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:47 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ws8n
Any idea where is uber pickup point at OTP? I sent a DM with uber support on twitter and was advised it's on the first level (= ground flr?) outside parking which seems abit vague.
Yes, it's very straightforward. Exit the terminal, cross the road to the main car park which you'll see directly in front of you, and wait in the surface section. The taxis will enter the car park to your left if you stand with the terminal behind you, and you'll be charged a small amount for the car park fee which the driver pays at the exit barrier. Arriving at midnight a few weeks ago, I had to wait about 10 minutes for an Uber X.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Thanks! Wifi was abit iffy at the airport, but I managed to find my uber driver. Just cross the road and walk between the 2 parking payment booths. They will usually park somewhere along there.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:17 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the thread as it moves to the more apt Europe forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 7:25 am

Programs: AMEX PP;BAEC Bronze;Tesco CC Preferred;
Quick update on this lest anybody needs it in future.

The Uber pickup point is no longer on the ground floor opposite the arrivals exit - taxis and Ubers etc are not allowed in that area as it is reserved for buses and rental shuttles.

As the Uber app may tell you, you need to go up to the open, top (second) floor of the short term car park that is immediately opposite the arrivals exit point. There is a lift and stairs in one of the carpark pillars alongside the road - the top level actually being marked M for Mezzanine. Then you will have to search for your vehicle.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 4:48 pm

Good to know.

When I Ubered last year, I had to cross over to the car park.

Next time, I may just take the airport train to Gara de Nord (the hotel is usually within walking distance).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.