Search

10-hr layover at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
10-hr layover at CDG

Hello,

So i will be flying from EWR to CDG where i will get in at 7:45am. Then i have another international flight from CDG to HER on Aegean airlines at 5:45pm.

We plan to head into Paris to peek at the eifel tower and grab lunch.

What time can we expect to get into Paris on a Thursday arriving at 7:45am? And what time should we make sure we are leaving Paris to head back to CDG?

Thanks.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Arrival time is always an unknown quantity. Be back at the airport 2.5 to 3 hours before your flight

Enjoy your layover
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:35 am

Remember that A3 flies from Terminal 1!
Old Apr 18, 2017, 2:10 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Is this a true connection or are they two separate tickets?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 2:15 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
It's about an hour on the RER train into the city - probably the fastest way assuming it's a a weekday. I have done this kind of thing several times - it's quite simple. RER station is right outside the terminal. Do be careful about what terminal your next flight is from however as it may be a different stop.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:36 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Buying a RER-RATP ticket from CDG, will allow you to use RER and a free transfer to the metro.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Is this a true connection or are they two separate tickets?
same ticket. So a true connection.
Old May 20, 2017, 10:59 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
I also have a long layover at CDG in late July. Delta direct from RDU, arriving 7:45am (will be on the 767 instead of the 757 they have been using), connecting to AirFrance leaving at 5:25pm for Vienna.

Is there a place for "left luggage" at CDG if we decide to catch the RER into the city? We were able to do that at Dubai for a very reasonable couple of dollars and hope to do the same at CDG.

-outoftown
Old May 20, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Yep there is and it's rather close to the RER train station. A quick search of AirFrance.us or EasyCDG.com will provide you with maps and rates.

Originally Posted by outoftown
I also have a long layover at CDG in late July. Delta direct from RDU, arriving 7:45am (will be on the 767 instead of the 757 they have been using), connecting to AirFrance leaving at 5:25pm for Vienna.

Is there a place for "left luggage" at CDG if we decide to catch the RER into the city? We were able to do that at Dubai for a very reasonable couple of dollars and hope to do the same at CDG.

-outoftown
Old May 21, 2017, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by outoftown

-outoftown

Also, you may be able to get your luggage checked through(thats what we did).

And dont worry thats plenty of time to see Paris. We had a great time during out 10-hr layover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.