Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

GLA-DUB-JFK - connection time in Dublin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:49 am
Original Poster

I'm looking at flying this route to JFK. I'm aware that I'll clear US immigration in Dublin, which is handy Lots of Aer Lingus itineraries have less than 90mins in Dublin, though: e.g. EL3221 connecting to El105, with 1:20 in Dublin. This is an itinerary sold by Aer Lingus, but that seems really tight to clear US immigration and reboard a flight, unless DUB airport's extremely efficient.

Is this type of timing realistic? If it's doable, I'll probably book it, as there's also a later DUB-JFK flight if I miss the one I'm booked on. If there's no chance, I'll book an itinerary with more wait-time in DUB.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:01 am
Original Poster

To update: I've spoken to Aer Lingus, and they reassure me that this is doable (I'll just to to preclear immigration in Dublin, and won't have to pass through security or anything). Fingers crossed to make a 1hr 20mins connection time in Dublin, I guess, though let me know if this seems like a daft plan
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by notanevildoer
To update: I've spoken to Aer Lingus, and they reassure me that this is doable (I'll just to to preclear immigration in Dublin, and won't have to pass through security or anything). Fingers crossed to make a 1hr 20mins connection time in Dublin, I guess, though let me know if this seems like a daft plan
I have no personal experience of this itinerary but GLA-DUB-JFK with EI is a well-established route. If EI sold you a through ticket they are responsible for connections. Even if the inbound GLA-DUB service is late EI will ensure you get to USA
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by notanevildoer
This is not hard. Dublin is a very easy airport to make a connection.
If you look at the airport website, you'd find this straightforward guide.
EI would not be selling you a ticket with a connection it couldn't reliably service. The goal of EI and Dublin Airport is to make money on tickets like yours - make DUB an easy connection on flights to and from the US. Hundreds, if not thousands, of people make connections every day.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks - that's all very reassuring! I think I was expecting something more like the experience of making a connection when arriving in a US airport from outside the US. Dublin does sound easier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.