Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Itinerary - France UK Italy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Itinerary - France UK Italy

Need help - Itinerary for a 7 day Europe Tour. I'd love to go to the UK, France and Italy. I've seen an itinerary for $1350. Is that realistic?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:16 am

Programs: Miles&More IHG
Some more information about what you like and dislike when you are travelling would be helpfull. Are you into museums.. or into nature. Are there certain things on your bucket list?

You can easily spend those 7 days in each of those countries.

For easy connections I would drop Italy.. if you really want to go for a threesome, it's easy to add Belgium or The Netherlands to that itinary. (or Germany)
There are easy high speed train connections between London, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam and Koln.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:34 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
It really depends what you want. If "UK-France-Italy" means "London-Paris-Rome" or "London-Paris-Florence" then it's very doable, but it'll be a whistlestop city tour (if that's what you want to do). London-Paris is about 2h30 on a high-speed train, and there are flights onwards to Italy (and some rather longer high-speed trains available too).

There's also no shortage of low-cost flights across Europe, on the likes of easyJet and Ryanair, so getting from the UK to Italy is rather easy.

But maybe that's not what you want to do. Perhaps you'd prefer to see somewhere in more rural UK, like the Lake District, then hop on a flight from Manchester to Nice, visit the riviera, and head over to Italy for the Ligurian coast, following it round to Pisa.

There are endless possibilities... But one thing is sure, if you're staying in London and Paris, accommodation is going to be expensive, especially in the former.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jazzmyhne
Need help - Itinerary for a 7 day Europe Tour. I'd love to go to the UK, France and Italy. I've seen an itinerary for $1350. Is that realistic?
What's included in this tour package? One could easily spend $1350 on a hotel alone for 7 nights in Paris or London.

If your goal is to stick to the big cities and major tourist attractions, I'd go with London and Paris only and you'll enjoy your time much more than trying to squeeze in any part of Italy.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Yeah I saw a blog about that $1350 Europe itinerary and I'd like to start saving so I can visit Europe soon. I'd like to stick to the major tourist attractions. If I'll have the chance to go back, then I can swing by the rural places and enjoy the scenery. My top priority is visit London and Paris. I'd rather not spend too much on hotels as I'll probably be out and about 85% of the time.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: Miles&More IHG
Then you will have to check hostels I guess. You can move between London and Paris by Eurostar high speed train. (http://www.eurostar.com/)
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Right. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.