Wiki Posts
Search

Two days in Nice then two days in MC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
Two days in Nice then two days in MC

All, I am flying my wife into Nice, FR here in two weeks to start our ten yr Anniversary (I have two more trips south and west being planned). My original thought was four days in Monte Carlo but I'd like to change it up a bit and spend two nights in Monte Carlo then two nights in Nice as we fly out at 6:30am on Wednesday the 21st. I'm looking at the Amex hotels for the breakfast and potential upgrade but can anyone chime in with where to stay in both places that may make my wife happy? Our budget is btw $300/500 a night.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by aspenedelen
All, I am flying my wife into Nice, FR here in two weeks to start our ten yr Anniversary (I have two more trips south and west being planned)...
Sorry, I can't help you with your question but I simply couldn't hold it. South and West are soooo relative. Anyway, a small piece of advice, unless you really hurry with your decision you may be in trouble: it's soon Carnaval, and you may find everything sold out!
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
Sorry, I can't help you with your question but I simply couldn't hold it. South and West are soooo relative. Anyway, a small piece of advice, unless you really hurry with your decision you may be in trouble: it's soon Carnaval, and you may find everything sold out!
Ha, South and West very relative to say the least. South meaning the Caribbean and West meaning Singapore/Maldives.

On a side note, I appreciate the advice about Carnaval. I haven't yet Googled that term yet but I will after this reply. We are flying out the 17th of Feb thru the 21st. I'm making the wild notion that Carnaval isn't during this time period.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:03 am
Original Poster

well I spoke too soon. Damn, this Carnaval is smack in the middle of this planned trip. I guess I'll be calling Amex today
Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Nice hosts the largest Carnaval in France. Forget about driving around or through Nice on any road other than the A8 and the airport access.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stimpy
Nice hosts the largest Carnaval in France. Forget about driving around or through Nice on any road other than the A8 and the airport access.
So knowing that I assume its best to get a taxi from the airport directly to the hotel and stay put? I despise traffic with a passion.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by aspenedelen
So knowing that I assume its best to get a taxi from the airport directly to the hotel and stay put? I despise traffic with a passion.
Taxi yes, but don't stay put! Walk around and enjoy Carnaval! It's not so much that there will be traffic, but that many roads will be closed. However taxis will know the best route and have access to bus lanes.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Monte Carlo is not very attractive, it's beginning to look a bit like an older version of Hong Kong. I drove past it the other week and was not tempted to stop. Go to Menton with its microclimate and lovely gardens that can be visited. The old National 7 (now the D6007) is a great road to drive, following the lower corniche along the coast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.