Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish eVisa condition - Roundtrip versus Onward ticket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Turkish eVisa condition - Roundtrip versus Onward ticket

My wife has just been issued a Turkish eVisa which has the following conditions attached to it :

* I can prove that I hold a return ticket, hotel reservation and at least 50 $ per each day of my stay.
* I am travelling for the purposes of tourism or business.
* I hold a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date I intend to enter Turkey.
* I have a valid Supporting Document (Valid visa OR valid residence permit from one of the Schengen Countries, USA, UK or Ireland). E-visas are not accepted as supporting documents.
* I have a round-trip ticket with Turkish Airlines, Pegasus Airlines or Onur Air.
Most of these are straightforward, but the last one is a bit of an issue. She will not have a round-trip ticket, but rather an onward open-jaw ticket on Turkish Airlines. The ticket routing will be NBO-IST-BHX/LGW-SAW/IST-DAR.

Does anyone know if this is likely to be a problem? The FAQs state the following which she is compliant with, but doesn't address the issue of Roundtrip versus Open-jaw tickets.

Are there any restrictions on airline companies to fly to Turkey?

The citizens of the countries listed below are required to travel with an airline company which signed a protocol with the Turkish Foreign Ministry. At present, the airline companies that signed this protocol are Turkish Airlines, Pegasus Airlines and Onur Air.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:50 am

Sorry, I can't answer your question but reading your post I had a "vision" of the future when/if Turkey ever joins the EU: How long after that will TK collapse with a mandatory stop of direct or indirect government subsidies...
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:36 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
I have entered Turkey about five times using an e-Visa (most recently in June, twice), and have never been asked about/showed any proof of onward travel at all... just handed over the printout of the e-Visa with my passport. Both times in June I was in transit, LHR-IST-ABJ and ACC-IST-LHR, so not dissimilar to your wife's itin.

Now, I don't remember ever seeing the last line you quote (about travel on TK, Pegasus, Onur), so I'm guessing that is either nationality specific (I am a UK passport holder) or recently introduced, post-coup attempt, but I think it is beyond unlikely that your wife will have any problems.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Is that a restriction for e-Visas from certain countries? Could have sworn my US one was pretty generic/lacking those restrictions.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Yes, the carrier restrictions are requirements for citizens of most African and other "migrant source" countries.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Spending $50/day might be a challenge in many locations outside of Istanbul and Ankara.

Last edited by jaymar01; Oct 3, 2016 at 10:10 pm
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:36 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by jaymar01
Spending $50/day might be a challenge in many locations outside of Istanbul and Ankara.
You don't need to spend it.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Zero issue with this in the end, other than the fact that the immigration officer had never seen a passport from my wife's country before. Didn't even check return/onward ticket, let alone the airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.