Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buffet (all you can eat) restaurants in Istanbul

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2016, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Buffet (all you can eat) restaurants in Istanbul

I am planning a brief trip to Istanbul next month and would like to know if anyone can recommend a good buiffet restaurant where I can try out a variety of Turkish dishes? Not interested so much in 'International cuisine' which seems to be generously represented in most hotel buffets - but in authentic Turkish cuisine, especially fish, kebabs & vegetarian stuff.

Also any recommendations for a restaurant with good Persian food - buffet or a la carte?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SWA, Hilton, Marriott
Yelp is active in Turkey...so you are lucky. Check these out-

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_loc...l&cflt=buffets
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Go down to Galata Bridge and have Balik Ekmek (Fish sandwich) with Tusu (pickles) for a few lira. Very good meal and very authentic.

Not sure if many restaurants do buffets except for breakfast.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by KiaOra
I am planning a brief trip to Istanbul next month and would like to know if anyone can recommend a good buiffet restaurant where I can try out a variety of Turkish dishes? Not interested so much in 'International cuisine' which seems to be generously represented in most hotel buffets - but in authentic Turkish cuisine, especially fish, kebabs & vegetarian stuff.

Also any recommendations for a restaurant with good Persian food - buffet or a la carte?
If you don't find anything else... the Turkish lounge at the airport has a very decent and authentic spread. Not words I'd ever think I'd say about airport lounge food, but it's Do & Co catered with a number of live cooking stations.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Worcester
Go down to Galata Bridge and have Balik Ekmek (Fish sandwich) with Tusu (pickles) for a few lira. Very good meal and very authentic.

Not sure if many restaurants do buffets except for breakfast.
Nothing to be excited about. Just grilled fish on a bun. Lots of bones if you ask me.....
Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by IamHungry
Nothing to be excited about. Just grilled fish on a bun. Lots of bones if you ask me.....
For the experience, yes. For taste, blah.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.