Traveling between ljubljana and dubrovnik

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Traveling between ljubljana and dubrovnik

So working on our next European Delivery of my BMW, last year we were in Ljublijana for only 11 hours but wanted to see more, so this time we plan on staying for 3-4 days, after leaving we plan on driving down to Duvrovnik, is there anything we should see on this route? Where to stay in Durovnik 2-3 days before we take the ferry to Bari Italy?

TIA
Old Jul 24, 2016, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
So working on our next European Delivery of my BMW, last year we were in Ljublijana for only 11 hours but wanted to see more, so this time we plan on staying for 3-4 days, after leaving we plan on driving down to Duvrovnik, is there anything we should see on this route? Where to stay in Durovnik 2-3 days before we take the ferry to Bari Italy?
Plitvice Lakes National Park is a very beautiful place, just a few hours south of Ljubljana.

Split is a fun town to visit.

And the Hilton Dubrovnik is the place to stay. It is not at all like a normal Hilton. It is luxurious with a great club and staff. And the best location and views.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stimpy
Plitvice Lakes National Park is a very beautiful place, just a few hours south of Ljubljana.

Split is a fun town to visit.

And the Hilton Dubrovnik is the place to stay. It is not at all like a normal Hilton. It is luxurious with a great club and staff. And the best location and views.
Thanks for the info, I haven't started looking into hotels yet, thanks for the heads up about the Hilton. Have heard about Plitvice lakes, that might be a day trip when we are staying in Ljubljana.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also Rogla and Bled are well worth a visit in Slovenia.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Also Rogla and Bled are well worth a visit in Slovenia.
I guess I should be specific, Slovenia is taken care of we plan on seeing lake Bled this trip, just need help down to Dubrovnik not too sure what to see down that way.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:21 pm

Programs: qantas airnz
Another vote here for the Plitvice Lakes-fantastic spot & if you stay nearby it helps you to avoid the crowds from the day tip buses
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RussellJ
Another vote here for the Plitvice Lakes-fantastic spot & if you stay nearby it helps you to avoid the crowds from the day tip buses
Driving there would be great as we would be able to stop off at smaller villages along the way.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
When travelling overland from northern Croatia to Dubrovnik you must cross a small piece of Bosnia & Hercegovina which is not in the EU or EEA. Ensure your car (and other travel) insurance covers B&H and not just "EU/EEA countries".

There are ferries from the EU directly to the southern, detached, part of Croatia if you strongly wish to drive there and not leave the EU.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flatlander
When travelling overland from northern Croatia to Dubrovnik you must cross a small piece of Bosnia & Hercegovina which is not in the EU or EEA. Ensure your car (and other travel) insurance covers B&H and not just "EU/EEA countries".

There are ferries from the EU directly to the southern, detached, part of Croatia if you strongly wish to drive there and not leave the EU.
Thanks for that piece of info
Old Aug 1, 2016, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's each persons decision about driving that little part of BH, but FYI it's just a short stretch of wide open 4 lane highway. No different from a US interstate. I didn't stress about it.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

It's each persons decision about driving that little part of BH, but FYI it's just a short stretch of wide open 4 lane highway. No different from a US interstate. I didn't stress about it.
This is what I thought when looking at the map.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:37 am

Try to visit Zagreb if possible. It is one of my favorite European capital cities. Fairly small and easy to walk. The Esplanade hotel, built by Orient Express is my favorite place to stay.
www.esplanade.hr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.