Search

HAM - BEG in september

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH M+M
HAM - BEG in september

Hello FT,

going for a conference in Belgrade by end of september.

Possible connections that I found so far are MUC, ZRH and VIE (avoiding FRA...).
After reading http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ni-report.html I might go with Air Serbia on the leg to BEG.

German, ehm, Eurowings will go to BEG starting august - but only on Mon and Thu. Since conference starts Thu morning, this wont fly. Layover times are unfortunate, too.
So likely LH HAM/VIE and JU VIE/BEG - unless other options pop up here .

How's the e-ticket for local transport going along and can it include transfer from/to airport?

The schedule is pretty packed til sunday so I wont be doing much sight seeing but recommendations about (local) food would be nice.
The conference hotel is the 'Radisson Blu' which seems to be pretty close to city center.

Thanks and stay safe.
Old May 28, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
If your conference starts on Thursday, why not take the direct flight on Air Serbia from HAM to BEG on Wednesday? Then you can take the same direct flight back on Monday after the conference, or if you absolutely have to leave on Sunday, grab a connection through DUS, BRU or WAW. You can even take the direct flight to DUS and then DB back home. Just brainstorming here

As for "e-ticket for local transport", I'm not quite sure what you're referring to, but a taxi is definitely your best bet if you're staying at the Radisson. It shouldn't set you back more than 15€ for the trip from the airport. Radisson has even partnered with a few local taxi companies which run Radisson-branded vehicles, so it might be worthwhile to contact the hotel and arrange transportation in advance.

Radisson itself is indeed close to the city centre, but somehow manages to be a good 20-minute walk away from all relevant places in the city It's mostly surrounded by motorways and intersections, although the views across the river are gorgeous. I'm not a huge fan of that location and find it strange that they decided to open such an upscale hotel there. Still, it's a modern, new property, so if you'll be confined to the hotel most of the time anyway, it's among the very best in Belgrade.

There is a really good restaurant called Sheher a few minutes away from the hotel in a very nice hillside setting, but if you're after a traditional Serbian tavern, your best bet is to take the tram for 3-4 stops towards the old city core (Kalemegdan) and go to "?".

Feel free to PM me with any specific questions if you like.
Old May 30, 2016, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Direct HAM/BEG? Ah, I see.. starting in June and Wed/Mon will be ok. Brilliant!

Airport/Hotel likely will be taxi with such deals. Yet going around the evenings for food might be easier in a tram (we will swarm out in crowds ). Just looked up, the mentioned e-ticket for GSP Beograd is called BusPlus - have to do some readup.

I guess it's another week or so til I get a final call about being speaker (or going anyway) and proceed from that on.

Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Ok, with Eurowings that direct seems to vanish already again.
Air Serbia has only slots that are just too early/late in the day to be reasonable.

So the iternary is: Swiss HAM/ZRH/BEG and return LH BEG/MUC/HAM, which will add Swiss and ZRH to my list of 'never before' at least :-).

And on a sidenote: got accepted for both speaker and tutorial :-)

But first off to MAN, earning money.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:15 am

Programs: Miles&More, SPG, PriorityPass
Congrats

Love the ZRH and Swiss - service is just as anywhere, but the staff is always amazing! And i'm sure you'll have great time in BEG -- food, people, hospitality beyond belief. make sure to try čevapčići and pljeskavica!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Huge fan of cevapcici, good old times (early 80s) when we've been on holidays on Krk :-)
Cant recall pljeskavica, put on the list! Also dont remember of those very small fried fish, was awesome. But then BEG might be not the exact location for fresh seafood .

Hospitality is set to "chain" (Radisson), so I dont expect some "local" feeling there, but well, it's paid.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:47 pm

Programs: Miles&More, SPG, PriorityPass
Well pljeskavica is basically the same ground meat as cevapcici, just looks like a burger patty and is often stuffed with cheese. as for the fish -- it could either be fried calamari, sardines or sprat. that's the most common fried fish on the menu in the area

and for the hospitality, you can just go to the any restaurant and i'm sure you'll feel it instantly when those gypsy bands come to your table with accordion and violins -- i just pull out a stack of $$ and go crazy :lol:

anyhow, im sure you'll have a great time...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.