Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Prague stay: Hilton, InterContinental or Sheraton?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prague stay: Hilton, InterContinental or Sheraton?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2016, 3:03 pm

My vote will be for Hilton Old Town (or for Marriott across the street). Great location.

Also be careful about taxi scams and pickpockets at the train station if arriving by train.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by desi
My vote will be for Hilton Old Town (or for Marriott across the street). Great location.

Also be careful about taxi scams and pickpockets at the train station if arriving by train.
Do you know a reliable company to set up a ride from the train station? Thank you.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by konaflyer
Do you know a reliable company to set up a ride from the train station? Thank you.
I have no personal experience. Simple googling will give you few names with charges on very high side. TA may lead you to more resonable alternatives. But in any case it cant be more than 20-25 euro for such a short trip. You are paying more for someone to wait for you with placard rather than actual transport. With recent economic situation and migramt situation, petty crime have increased dramatically all over europe but train stations with luggage trotting tourists are frequent target.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
See what transportation your hotel provides. It will probably be a few euros more than a taxi, but you may appreciate the ease of it being arranged in advance. Otherwise a taxi is fine, just ask the price up front.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: CI Paragon, AF Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Shangri-La Jade
AAA is fairly reliable. You should be able to Google them with good amount of info.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb
Thank you. I will try googling AAA.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 11:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you're concerned, arrange it through your hotel concierge.

Some hotels are walkable from the train station.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

I called the IC, and they were sold out of reward nights for 4 out of 5 of the nights we would be in Prague which is almost three months from now. I wonder how often that happens with IC hotels that there are no reward nights? I had purchased Ambassador status before I had checked on availability. Fortunately I was able to use the BOGO at the IC Budapest but even then I had to book a club floor room in order to use it. I never had tried to use points before so I was kind of shocked. The reservationist also said if I used my husband's account for free nights they may not give us Ambassador perks even with my name on the res.

Anyway, it seems the Hilton Old Town got the most votes so I booked a stay there.
Old May 5, 2016, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Recently a friend told me that she loved the IC in Prague, but it was quite a number of years back. I just checked the hotel now, and they have reward nights. They didn't have them in March when I had bought Ambassador status. Do you think the IC would be the better choice with Ambassador status (and maybe upgrade to Executive level) or the Hilton Old Town if points were not an issue? Which is the nicer hotel? I am aware that Hilton gives you a free night on a five night res and being Diamond, I would have club floor access, etc. Thanks in advance for your input.
Old May 5, 2016, 1:06 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
We stayed at the Prague IC in 2014 and enjoyed great views of the river!

Charles Bridge was only a very short walk from the hotel.
Old May 24, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
I have stayed at both the Hilton properties, and the Old Town is more central, my recent stays - on points - gave me better value at the large Hilton. Reasons were as follows:
- For the same number of points, I could book an Executive room with lounge access,
- The Metro stop is close to the hotel, and often you need to use the Metro anyway,
- The Fitness Facilities are decent with a decent pool,
- For my meetings, it was more convenient to get to the motorway,
- Supermarket opposite for snacks and things.

Only downside is that it is often booked up by large tour groups, so the Lobby can get busy and often is used for the Conferencing facilities.
Old May 25, 2016, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
I cannot imagine taking public or private transportation from the main train station to Hilton Old Town. It is an 11 minute walk. Of course, if you have extremely heavy bags, or are averse to walking . . .

The neighborhood around the train station is not the very best in Prague but if you move along looking like you know what you are doing, you should be fine. The park in front of the train station may have an unsavory character or two but there will be plenty of folks pulling suitcases. Nor is the area around the local train station beautiful, but this is three minutes out of 11.
Old May 25, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Does Hilton Prague offer complimentary suite upgrade for diamond members when they are staying on a paid stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.