Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Applying for Schengen Visa with type-C UK Visa?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Hello,

Last edited by Kevkipedia; Mar 30, 2024 at 10:59 pm
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by Kevkipedia
Hello,
I am an Oxford visiting student with a type-C short term student visa (valid until July 5, 2016). I plan on applying for a Schengen visa through the Netherlands Embassy in London. After visiting the Netherlands, I hope to visit Denmark, France, and Italy. The trip will be from mid-March to early April.

As a Chinese passport holder and US permanent resident with type-C visa, is the Netherlands embassy in London available to me for a Schengen visa application?

Yes. I know someone with a very similar story who got her Schengen visa from the Netherlands Embassy in London. They have an on-line system to schedule an appointment.

Please note that you are supposed to get your Schengen visa from the country where you are planning to spend most time. They can be strict about this. For instance, if you plan to spend 3 days in the Netherlands, 3 days in Denmark, 4 days in France and 3 days in Italy, they may send you to the French Embassy. Once you have the visa, you are free to change your plans and spend more or less time in the various countries.

Originally Posted by Kevkipedia
I also read that I need to present proof of accommodation plans when I apply. However, I plan on living with friends in their universities and renting AirBnB on the go. Is there a way of getting around this accommodation plan requirement?

Many thanks
Kevin
The easiest is to book hotels that you can cancel free of charge. So book the hotels, print the bookings for the visa application, and after you get the visa cancel the hotels.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks so much, that's enormously helpful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.