Wiki Posts
Search

SunExpress Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2015, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
SunExpress Airlines

A colleague needs to fly to Izmir, Turkey from SEA and the best connection is LH to FRA connecting to SunExpress. I have never heard of SunExpress but LH has a joint fare with them so I assume they are reputable - though it is not a codeshare flight.

Does anyone have experience with SunExpress or connecting to them in FRA?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 5:53 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by JerryFF
A colleague needs to fly to Izmir, Turkey from SEA and the best connection is LH to FRA connecting to SunExpress. I have never heard of SunExpress but LH has a joint fare with them so I assume they are reputable - though it is not a codeshare flight.

Does anyone have experience with SunExpress or connecting to them in FRA?
Sunexpress is a joint venture between LH and Turkish. It started as charter airline to fly mainly German tourists to Turkey during summer. Today it serves regular routes in addition to its charter flights. The airline has good track record. When it comes to service and cabin they are somehow between a charter airline and a normal service airline (for example they have WiFi on board and you can download the SunMedia App to watch movies (which you have to pay).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SunExpress
Old Nov 10, 2015, 1:45 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
I enjoyed my flight last year BSL-ADB, as well as a flight to SAW some years back. Always found them reliable, although it's nothing fancy.

I booked my tickets in the cheapest booking class on their website directly, which didn't include any drinks or food (although they are decently priced on board). But more expensive tickets include either a basic sandwich and drink, or even a full meal and multiple drinks. If the ticket is on LH stock and not booked seperately, this might already be included in the price!
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: Delta Flyer
I've flown them quite a bit--great opportunity to find cheaper (seasonal) flights between Turkish destinations and wider-Europe. Your friend may also want to check out Pegasus which is even cheaper--although more like WN with respect to the markets it serves.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Many thanks - your comments are very helpful. Sounds like they are more reliable than Lufthansa itself these days!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.