Travel to ZRH Switzerland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel to ZRH Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:59 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
I was curious, so did a search on Orbitz for June 2016. Cheapest fare was $1000 on Aeroflot, connecting in Moscow. Fairly painful, but cheap.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mimiray
Oh, and christineshen, you might want to look at LOT. Not sure where you're originating, but LOT recently had a really good sale to Zurich. Good luck.
Thanks Mimiray. I will take a look!
Old Aug 11, 2015, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

I will subscribe to the newsletters and thanks for providing an approximate window of time to begin searching. Thanks Alex71!
Old Aug 11, 2015, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for checking AlaninDC. That may be a bit painful, but I appreciate your support!
Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:38 am

I pretty much agree with fassy. I fly to ZRH frequently from the U.S. In fact, just back from there last week. During August, there aren't cheap flights to Europe, so be prepared to spend $1100-1300 to Zürich. Just booked a flight last night to ZRH for September and it's a little over $1200.

Remember your destination is ZRH. IMO, and from years of experience flying to Europe, the money that you save from flying to another city and then getting to Zürich will wind up being minimal, not to mention the extra time and hassle that would be involved. Remember the old adage, "Time is money.".

Again, in my opinion, save yourself the stress and time and just book the direct flight to ZRH. In the long view, the money saved, if any, will be minimal.

Also, just a little FT usage advice. Above, you have 3 posts responding to other posters. The more experienced FTers use the "multi-quote" feature when responding to multiple posters. Look next to the Quote button and you'll see a button with quote marks ( "+ ). Use that for each person that you're responding to and their post will show up in your response.

See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...s-posting.html

Last edited by FLYMSY; Aug 12, 2015 at 7:49 am
Old Aug 17, 2015, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLYMSY
I pretty much agree with fassy. I fly to ZRH frequently from the U.S. In fact, just back from there last week. During August, there aren't cheap flights to Europe, so be prepared to spend $1100-1300 to Zürich. Just booked a flight last night to ZRH for September and it's a little over $1200.

Remember your destination is ZRH. IMO, and from years of experience flying to Europe, the money that you save from flying to another city and then getting to Zürich will wind up being minimal, not to mention the extra time and hassle that would be involved. Remember the old adage, "Time is money.".

Again, in my opinion, save yourself the stress and time and just book the direct flight to ZRH. In the long view, the money saved, if any, will be minimal.

Also, just a little FT usage advice. Above, you have 3 posts responding to other posters. The more experienced FTers use the "multi-quote" feature when responding to multiple posters. Look next to the Quote button and you'll see a button with quote marks ( "+ ). Use that for each person that you're responding to and their post will show up in your response.

See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...s-posting.html
Old Aug 17, 2015, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the tips both with travel and as a newbie FT user. After doing some research, I realized that going directly to Zurich will save the most money because it will give me the most time to see the country. Thanks for your advice
Old Aug 18, 2015, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by christineshen
Thanks for all the tips both with travel and as a newbie FT user. After doing some research, I realized that going directly to Zurich will save the most money because it will give me the most time to see the country. Thanks for your advice
Good choice. Best about it is you're to some extend protected from mishaps like missing your return flight since the bus from ZRH to MUC was stuck in traffic or you're stuck on your inbound way somewhere just to save a couple of hundred €.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:05 am

@christineshen

SAS just announced their new long-haul routes and will start flying ARN-LAX.

Daily departures from Arlanda (SK933) at 09.50 arriving in Los Angeles 12.15.
Daily departures from Los Angeles (SK934) at 14.15 arriving at Arlanda 10.00.

Tickets to Los Angeles will go on sale on 20 August and as an opening offer there will be tickets from EUR549.
You should be able to connect to SK3515 (actually a Swiss flight) at 15:55 or SK1605 at 16:15 to ZRH. On the way back its a bit more challenging as you would need to fly in the day before for the morning departure but you will get a very good rate at an airport hotel if you fly in July/August.

Check on the round trip price via http://flysas.com tomorrow! Might be the portal will not allow the overnight connection on the way back, than you would need to call them. But still could be a bargain!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by fassy
@christineshen

SAS just announced their new long-haul routes and will start flying ARN-LAX.
Talk about timing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.