Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fastest Most Reliable way to Sabiha Gokcen from Istanbul

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Fastest Most Reliable way to Sabiha Gokcen from Istanbul

I have a flight from Sabiha Gokcen tomorrow evening.

When asking hotel personnel for the best way to get there, the best way always seems to be the shuttle that the hotel is promoting.

My thought is that the major traffic bottleneck is crossing over from the European side to the Asian side. So I was wondering if there is some way to take the Metro from the European side to the Asian side and taking a shuttle/taxi from there?

Or perhaps I'm overthinking it?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:38 pm

probably easier and faster to take a prearranged service like Efendi or something like that.

If you wanted to cross over.. either boat or Marmaray are the only public options I think.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Ended up taking a taxi from hotel - took over 2 hours, almost missed the flight. Most of the time in traffic was spent getting across the Bosphorus. Using a car service like Effendi would have taken just as long, although they probably would have warned me about how long it would take. Fare was about 150 TL - about $56.

If I ever did it again, I would take the Marmary (metro) to Üsküdar and taken a taxi from there. Out hotel was only a block from the Sirkeci Marmary station, and I timed the ride as 3 minutes to Üsküdar.

I was so shell shocked that this week when we were flying out of IST we took public transit to the airport (tram to Metro.) Took about an hour, cost about a dollar each.

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I have a flight from Sabiha Gokcen tomorrow evening.

When asking hotel personnel for the best way to get there, the best way always seems to be the shuttle that the hotel is promoting.

My thought is that the major traffic bottleneck is crossing over from the European side to the Asian side. So I was wondering if there is some way to take the Metro from the European side to the Asian side and taking a shuttle/taxi from there?

Or perhaps I'm overthinking it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.