Wiki Posts
Search

Bosphorus Cruise Return

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free agent
Bosphorus Cruise Return

We are in Istanbul for 2.5 days next week and were thinking of doing the "full" Bosphorus cruise and taking a taxi or bus back to the Besiktas part of town vs. having lunch and taking the return ferry. It will likely be on a Friday or Saturday around 11-12 that we take the transportation back. I've never been to Istanbul but here traffic can be a bear, any recommendations? I'm seeing about a 30-45 minute taxi or an hour bus.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:18 am

Are you taking the Sehir Hatlari cruise? I think they stop at Besiktas on the way back.
Otherwise you can take the tram from Eminonu to Kabatas (T1 line) and walk... that would be most cost effective.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:46 am
Original Poster

I am but we want to avoid the lunch wait and return. Time is my concern on transport, not cost. With a 2.5 day trip ever minute counts. Is the tram the fastest?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:06 am

Eminonu to Kabatas is about 10 minutes, but not sure your final destination. Traffic is pretty bad, so if you can take transit I would.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by jmail1
I am but we want to avoid the lunch wait and return. Time is my concern on transport, not cost. With a 2.5 day trip ever minute counts. Is the tram the fastest?
I can't answer your actual question but if time is a concern, you might want to consider the shorter 90-minute nonstop cruises that turn around just past the Fatih Bridge. You still get to see many of the sights on both sides of the river including Ortakoy, Rumeli Hisari, the well-known palaces, etc. I took the Turyol from Eminonu but there are others from Kabatas and Besiktas.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by barneyg_
I can't answer your actual question but if time is a concern, you might want to consider the shorter 90-minute nonstop cruises that turn around just past the Fatih Bridge. You still get to see many of the sights on both sides of the river including Ortakoy, Rumeli Hisari, the well-known palaces, etc. I took the Turyol from Eminonu but there are others from Kabatas and Besiktas.
Thanks, we thought about that but didn't know if we'd miss anything on the later part of the cruise. I'm probably over-analyzing this!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by barneyg_
I did the Turyol (12TL) 2 hour cruise (no stop) in mid-May from Eminonu (every 30 minutes)

I saw what I needed to see, and after a while it got boring, can barely hear the announcement/speakers
Old Jun 28, 2015, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerryhung
I did the Turyol (12TL) 2 hour cruise (no stop) in mid-May from Eminonu (every 30 minutes)

I saw what I needed to see, and after a while it got boring, can barely hear the announcement/speakers
Thanks Jerry, that's probably what we'll end up doing then. Both of us have short attention spans anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.