Wiki Posts
Search

Driving in Armenia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2015, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E35 and decreasing
Driving in Armenia

In a couple weeks I'll be driving through Armenia (crossing from and to Georgia) for a couple days.

I'm not worried about the driving per se, as besides Canada where I live I have extensive experience driving in crazy places in South America. But I'm curious about anything that I should be careful about or could be different from what I'm used. For instance:

1) Should I expect tolls?

2) Are police checks frequent? If so, what should I expect?

3) Is it possible to use a credit card at gas stations?

4) Anything else that you might think could surprise a foreigner.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 1:04 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by tinchote
Anything else that you might think could surprise a foreigner.
DO NOT drive anywhere near Armenian-Azer border.

It is pretty much open shooting going there right now and both sides can and will shoot to anything near the border without warning.

Friend of mine almost got killed when his GPS died and got lost near border. His car got shot at from machine gun with 12 bullet holes on car. And even after that he was detained for two weeks. Granted, it was on Azeri side of the border, but on other side situation is not that better.

Last edited by invisible; Jun 29, 2015 at 12:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.