Wiki Posts
Search

Schengen Travel Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2015, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Schengen Travel Question

Hello all,

I have a sort of complicated question (which might not be that complicated at all).

My friend is interested in traveling in the Schengen region from roughly August 3rd until September 3rd. Afterwards, she will return to the U.S. until early October. Around October 7th, she will be returning to the Schengen region to study (Madrid specifically) until December 18th. She then wants to travel in the region until around January 10th.

So, to recap:

August 3rd - September 3rd traveling in Schengen zone
September 3rd -October 7th in the U.S.
October 7th - December 18th - studying in Spain
December 18th - January 10th traveling in Schengen zone

My question, is this permissible? I'm assuming that she will have a student visa for her time in Spain.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
As long as she has a valid student visa for her time in Spain, she'll be fine. The 90 days allowed under Schengen will cover her stays pre and post studying.

However, if she doesn't have a student visa for her time in Spain, she'll be in trouble as she will exceed the 90 day limit in November.

All of this is assuming she is a US passport holder (which you don't mention) and that she hasn't previously overstayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.