Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

IST duty free bottle purchase before flight to USA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold

A co-worker requested me to make an alcohol purchase at the IST duty free shop before boarding my nonstop TK flight back to ORD next week.

I recall a bag inspection prior to entering the gate area for the same flight at IST last year.

Would the duty free bottle be allowed through the gate inspection?

Are duty free bottles delivered to the jetway?

How would this work at IST?

Answers from those that have actually done this at IST prior to departure to USA are most appreciated!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:04 pm

I bought a couple bottles, one of Yeni Raki and another of something that I can't recall, at the IST duty free before flying back to IAD. They bring it to you on the jetbridge in the special sealed bag. This is confirmed on the airport website.
Old May 2, 2015, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Last week they sealed it in a bag and handed it to us at the shop. No pickup at the gate. This was TK IST to ORD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.