Search

Prague with a 6 year old.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:10 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Prague with a 6 year old.

Looking to use so avios to book a redemption to Praguw for self, OH and six year old. Would be looking at going midweek. Anybody any experience of going to Prague with children. Good idea? Any suggestions of things to see and do?

Just fancy a break and going somewhere we have never been before.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: TK*G, KL, AB
The zoo and next to it the hedge maze at the Troja chateau. The mirror maze and lookout tower at Petřín hill - take the funicular to get there. The National technical museum if they're into cars, planes & train engines. The Air museum Kbely if they're into military planes. Some of the puppet shows might be in English or without spoken word.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
I can also recommend the zoo.
It's a really, really nice and interesting zoo - also for adults.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:55 am

Programs: CI Paragon, AF Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Shangri-La Jade
Muzeum Lega has a massive collection of original and hard-to-find Lego kits on display. Just be aware it is a store that has a good collection, not an official Lego establishment with master-builder pieces on display.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Stromovka Park and Kampa Island are places kids can unwind and do some running around. Stromovka is far larger and has a nice playground but the playground is somewhat hard to find given the size of this huge park. There is plenty if room for biking, rollerskating, or just walking. Kampa is a short walk from the Charles Bridge and much easier to get to but it is much smaller.

The zoo can easily fill up a full day and as posted earlier, adults will enjoy it too.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Link to the playgorund/restaurant Vozovna in Stromovka. as for the Technical Museum, there is an area on the third floor where kids can make their own models from a variety of metal and plastic peices. Kept a three year old and an 8 year old occupied for well over an hour.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: TK*G, KL, AB
Originally Posted by OB one
as for the Technical Museum, there is an area on the third floor where kids can make their own models from a variety of metal and plastic peices. Kept a three year old and an 8 year old occupied for well over an hour.
Cool, I don't think they had that the last time I went there about 17 years ago.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Myyra
Cool, I don't think they had that the last time I went there about 17 years ago.
The pieces can turn into something quite elaborate if you have time. I can tell you the three year old was not happy when we told him it was time to go. Now if your kids are too young and likely to put things in their mouth instead of building with them, it might be wise to skip this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.