Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Asking for Europe 2015 Help!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2015, 4:02 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Oh, you could also check for cheap flights from Malmö to Central Europe on Wizzair. The airport is easily accessible from Copenhagen, whether direct or via Malmö city.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
Originally Posted by stut
While Warsaw is a fascinating city, albeit with an often harrowing history, it's got a pretty brutal appearance, with the exception of the reconstructed old town. I've had some great evenings out there, but it's not the tourist-friendly pace that Krakow is.

With Ryanair, do check the rules and fees, and which Warsaw airport you're landing at. Modlin is quite far from the city. Otherwise, that's a very good fare.

The other route to Poland is via night ferry from Sweden (train from Copenhagen over the bridge). However, that's only really useful if you want to visit the area around Swinoujscie or Gdansk.
Originally Posted by stut
Oh, you could also check for cheap flights from Malmö to Central Europe on Wizzair. The airport is easily accessible from Copenhagen, whether direct or via Malmö city.
Thanks for this. Ryanair is through Modin, while WizzAir is through Chopin or Katowice.

I'll have to fiddle around with the times to see where I end up.

Don't really care where to go after Copenhagen.

EDIT: This will be my playground for now. Open to suggestions,

Either I go:

Copenhagen->Malmo
Malmo->Katowice
Katowice->Krakow
STAY
Krakow->Budapest
STAY
Budapest->Prague
Prague->Copenhagen

Copenhagen->Malmo
Malmo->Katowice
Katowice->Krakow
STAY
Krakow->Prague
STAY
Prague->Copenhagen

Copenhagen->Malmo
Malmo->Katowice
Katowice->Krakow
STAY
Krakow->Budapest
STAY
Budapest->Malmo
Malmo->Copenhagen

Or skip Krakow and just head to Budapest and Prague.

Last edited by flipstah; Jun 11, 2015 at 5:11 pm
Old Jun 12, 2015, 1:25 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
I would definitely rate both Prague and Budapest higher than Krakow.
And Krakow higher than Warsaw.

Have you checked if there are any cheap(ish) return flights Copenhagen -Prague on SAS or Norwegian for your possible dates?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 5:09 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by helosc

Have you checked if there are any cheap(ish) return flights Copenhagen -Prague on SAS or Norwegian for your possible dates?
CPH-Prague has been relatively cheap non-stop on Czech airlines/CSA/OK. I bought some early last week for next day trips and was surprised on how cheap it turned out.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by helosc

Originally Posted by GUWonder
CPH-Prague has been relatively cheap non-stop on Czech airlines/CSA/OK. I bought some early last week for next day trips and was surprised on how cheap it turned out.
Can either one defend Prague over Krakow? I have buddies that are saying Krakow>Prague and you can do Prague in a day.

Then again, they're Polish so there's bias.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:35 am

Kraków is nice but for me Prague wins... Like more the Czech food and of course world famous Pilsener. And in general the city itself, can't really say why. I guess I feel in general Prague is more 'alive' then Kraków.

It also depends on what you're up to?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flipstah
Can either one defend Prague over Krakow? I have buddies that are saying Krakow>Prague and you can do Prague in a day.

Then again, they're Polish so there's bias.
I don't think you can do Prague (nor Krakow) in a day. Perhaps your friends have been there several times already and don't want to see some of the tourist sights?

I might favor Polish food over Czech food a little. But Czech beer, especially the fresh, unfiltered, is excellent.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:39 am
Original Poster

I'm more into cuisine and the arts, so it looks like it's Budapest first from Malmo via WizzAir then Budapest to Prague via Czech Air.

I'll be spending a week per country so if I do get bored somehow, I'll do Krakow as a backup.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 10:53 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
I'm more into cuisine and the arts, so it looks like it's Budapest first from Malmo via WizzAir then Budapest to Prague via Czech Air.

I'll be spending a week per country so if I do get bored somehow, I'll do Krakow as a backup.
Good plan to do both Prague and Budapest as you have the time for it.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold

You really can't go wrong with Budapest and Prague.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Update:

Bought my WizzAir flight from Malmo to Budapest!

However, Budapest to Prague is getting high ($200USD) and through WizzAir, I found that it's cheaper if I flew from Budapest to either:

- Istanbul, Turkey
- Naples, Italy
- Larnaca, Cyprus
- Tel Aviv, Israel

Looking to enjoy some beaches and relax on the final leg. I'm leaning towards Istanbul.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Update:

I found that it's cheaper if I flew from Budapest to either:

- Istanbul, Turkey
- Naples, Italy
- Larnaca, Cyprus
- Tel Aviv, Israel

Looking to enjoy some beaches and relax on the final leg. I'm leaning towards Istanbul.
I'm not sure how much time you have but if you are looking to relax for two or three days on the beach I would probably pick Tel Aviv over Istanbul. It is far smaller and way more relaxed.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gspurr
I'm not sure how much time you have but if you are looking to relax for two or three days on the beach I would probably pick Tel Aviv over Istanbul. It is far smaller and way more relaxed.
I have four days remaining for shenanigans.

I have to read up on traveling to Israel. I forgot which one has to go first, as it will affect visiting Lebanon in the future.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 2:30 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
You can ask Israeli immigration to not stamp your passport.

Personally, Israel seems a little too far away for such a short jaunt. For a mixture of beach and 'stuff to do', Naples is great - you've got the insane city itself, Pompeii, then Sorrento, Capri and the Amalfi coast.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 3:46 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
I read somewhere on FT that Israeli immigration no longer stamps passports as a "general rule". Instead, they now stamp a card/paper of some sort. If they do end up stamping it, then a visit to Lebanon will be out of the question (unless you change your passport)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.