Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help to choose which airport lounge in Europe to visit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:57 am

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tpvn
I ended up choosing Munich based on the recommendation instead, and the short connection time. No longer anticipate the lounge usage. I am a Gold on United.
Your *A Gold card and a *A BP will get you into the MUC Senator Lounge. It's a bit nicer than the Business Lounge and also includes currywurst! A good place for a free shower, too.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by roberto99
Your *A Gold card and a *A BP will get you into the MUC Senator Lounge. It's a bit nicer than the Business Lounge and also includes currywurst! A good place for a free shower, too.
I agree, and the OP states he has at least 2.5 hours connection time. I'd definitely get a bite to eat there.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I personally would avoid LHR if possible because the security there is the worst in Europe. Some airports, like AMS, are starting to trust people arriving from the US for transit so you do not have to go through security again. Not sure if MUC or ZRH do that yet?
Old Jun 7, 2015, 10:15 am

I transited through LHR recently (Terminal 2), and it wasn't too bad.

The lounges were good, especially the United Lounge. The SilverKris Lounge was not bad too. See some of my video compilations.

United Lounge, Terminal 2B, London Heathrow

Singapore Airlines SilverKris, Terminal 2B, Heathrow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.