Wiki Posts
Search

GVA Layover

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2014, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue
GVA Layover

I am flying into Geneva from Heathrow on LX353 getting in at 11:30am then flying out from Geneva to Toulouse on Etihad Regional at 3:00pm. That's 3 and a half hours in GVA. What can I do in this time? Is it worth leaving the airport? Anything at/near the airport
Old Dec 25, 2014, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Yes. There's a great Chinese restaurant on the quai de Mont Blanc I highly recommend. I think it's the best in Geneva. Send me a PM if you want details.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Since you're seeking info on a specific European airport, let's continue the discussion here in the dedicated Europe forum. Good luck!

~Moderator, Information Desk
Old Dec 27, 2014, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
No problem getting into town, particularly if you haven't previously been there.
When you arrive in the luggage collection area, get a free transport pass from the machines, just before you go through customs. This will give you free travel for 80 minutes. If you have bags, you may be able to check them in directly at the departure level (up one floor), or else leave them in luggage lockers at the airport rail station.
Either take a train, a no. 5 bus (the most scenic) or no. 10 bus to Bel-Air (for the train, you'll have to walk down to the lake and cross the river, about 10 minutes walk). The train ride is 6 minutes and there up to 4-5 trains per hour. The buses run every few minutes during the day and will take up to around 20 minutes to get to Bel-Air.
From Bel-Air walk upwards into the old town and explore - go to the cathedral (St. Pierre) and go up the tower (paying) for an outstanding view of Geneva from the top.
You'll want to be back at the airport 45 minutes before your flight leaves (a bit more if you still have to check in). Note the Toulouse flight leaves from the French sector of the airport, so you'll have to go through customs at the North-East end of the terminal, before you check in and go through security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.