English in Europe and Money Management

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

English in Europe and Money Management

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Definitely not a pint, but a caña for 1€ or even less is pretty standard for most places frequented by locals.
Not this local... But please, let me know where to go for my 1€ caña... I expect to pay 1,5€ to 2,5€ for a normal sized beer here in Barcelona, 4€ (or a bit more) for a pint (in those places where they sell pints - it's not a normal size here).
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by abeyro
...And by the way, a tin of beer (1/2 litre) was 0.99 euro in supermarkets (the cheapest one).
Which supermarket? Never seen that in Perugia, are you sure about it?
Pizza was 7 euro (however I spotted a few times a 'pizza happy hour' - 50% discount).
Let's be precise: 5-8 euro in "cheap" pizzerie and 7-12 in more "upscale" ones.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
Which supermarket? Never seen that in Perugia, are you sure about it?
Any supermarket in Ferrara and Ravenna region.
Di Piu supermarket-discount was even cheaper in terms of beer (1.5euro for 1.5 litre) and it was in plastic bottles but I never buy beer in plastic cladings
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Koby
Not this local... But please, let me know where to go for my 1€ caña... I expect to pay 1,5€ to 2,5€ for a normal sized beer here in Barcelona, 4€ (or a bit more) for a pint (in those places where they sell pints - it's not a normal size here).
The museo de jamón next to sol has 0,70€ cañas. 3 bars on my street have 5 botellines and a tapa for 4€.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
The museo de jamón next to sol has 0,70€ cañas. 3 bars on my street have 5 botellines and a tapa for 4€.
Don't tell the Catalans that the cañas are cheaper in Madrid!
Old Dec 21, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: Yeah, well, don’t really care anymore
If you want an indication of how expensive a given place is going to be, the McDonald's index is actually not a half bad indicator.

The notion of a bar serving EUR4 beer is ludicrous in any of the Scandinavian countries, just as it is in Switzerland. If beer's what you're after though, no better place than Belgium.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 1:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
Originally Posted by Sheikh Yerbooty
If you want an indication of how expensive a given place is going to be, the McDonald's index is actually not a half bad indicator.

The notion of a bar serving EUR4 beer is ludicrous in any of the Scandinavian countries, just as it is in Switzerland. If beer's what you're after though, no better place than Belgium.
Actually beer is relatively cheap in Switzerland. It's often cheaper than soft drinks. You'll quite often get a beer for 3.50 to 4.00 CHF even in a restaurant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.