Wiki Posts
Search

Visa guidelines in Schengen at point of entry

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Visa guidelines in Schengen at point of entry

Dear friends,

I know this question must have been asked in this forum a multiple times and there are a few answers floating around which I checked already, But I am still not a 100% clear and hence need to ask.

A few days ago due to work related requirements, I had to apply for a Schengen visa. I had 2 destinations Netherlands and Germany planned(rightfully mentioned on my invitation letter from my company in Netherlands as well). Also more days in Netherlands than in Germany , so I applied for the visa from Netherlands embassy. I also have the visa now.

It so happens now that work plans have changed and I will have to cancel the Netherlands part of my trip and only go to Germany directly. I understand that my point on entry into Schengen states can be any EU country. However, now due to the way things have turned out I may not travel to Netherlands at all. I will possibly fly out of Germany to my country of origin.

Question:

1) Will I have problems at passport control when entering Germany if they ask for my travel plans and figure that I may not go to Netherlands after all.

2) Will I have problems in the future applying for Netherlands visa with this travel pattern that I showed recently.

Unfortunately I have the visa already and its not like I can apply for a Germany visa now just because I will only spend time in Germany.

Need help to understand how this will pan out.

Regards,
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Sachin Kharsani
1) Will I have problems at passport control when entering Germany if they ask for my travel plans and figure that I may not go to Netherlands after all.
You don't have to tell them you've cancelled your trip to the Netherlands.
2) Will I have problems in the future applying for Netherlands visa with this travel pattern that I showed recently.
Again, you can always say that you did visit the Netherlands if somebody asks in the future.

Since there are no controls of any kind (well, so to speak) when crossing Schengen borders, once in one country you can go anywhere you want and nobody will ever know where, unless you tell. Conclusion: don't anticipate any kind of problems!
Old Sep 5, 2014, 5:12 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The German passport control clerks at FRA and MUC ask visa-holders questions from time to time. Amongst those questions may be requests to see proof of travel plans, including evidence of intra-Schengen journey and information/proof about where the person is staying.

I have had the German border control clerks at these airports ask me some questions, even as I come in with my ridiculously, heavily stamped US passport requiring no visa. I verbally play the Q&A game as if just a typical visitor -- until I get bored or otherwise decide whether or not I should pull out something else to get them to let me pass without further hassle/delay. If passport control wasting time on me makes life better for someone else passing by there later that day, all the better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.