Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Transferring from United to EasyJet through AMS - Do I have enough time?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring from United to EasyJet through AMS - Do I have enough time?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold
I would go with KLM as well.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:05 am
SJR
Original Poster

Hi, thanks to all. Just want to update if this is of use.

I wound up consolidating to carry-on on United, knowing I'd have to check it on Easy Jet. Flight landed 9:15; signage was confusing and I got mixed messages from airport personnel, but basically I went down to baggage claim as if I had bags, then exited terminal amd went to another terminal. I already had boarding pass and had paid for the "plus" package. I was in terminal M by 10:15 am - plenty of time for my 11:30 flight. I likely could have done it with checked bags, but glad I didn't risk it. Nonetheless, there was no wait at immigration and I can see how a line at immigration would have made the whole thing risky. Again thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Very curious as there is only one terminal in Amsterdam.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold
Originally Posted by mfkne
Me too.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 6:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by mfkne
I assume the OP means the M gates, for (budget) Schengen-area departures. It does feel like a different terminal because you cannot mix with the non-Schengen people in the rest of the terminal, even if if the infrastructure is shared with the H (non-Schengen budget) gates. The passageway to H and M gates runs parallel with a glass wall between, and each gate can be opened to be Hn or Mn depending on which door you open at the top of the stairs.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 6:22 am
SJR
Original Poster

Yes, thank you. It felt like a different terminal. Sorry if I misspoke. Thanks for all help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.