Wiki Posts
Search

Keukenhof/tulips

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2016, 7:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by t0t1t2
http://www.lovers.nl/pdf/keukenhof%2...0timetable.pdf

I don't know if this is the schedule of this year or last year but it will probably be similar anyways.

Once the date is closer you can look up the exact time at the widget on the bottom of the page here as this info is not available yet.
Thank you!
Old Jan 22, 2016, 7:22 am

The park was fairly quiet for the first hour or so after we arrived and became increasingly crowded. When we left in the late morning, we had to fight upstream through the people arriving to get out and to our bus. The park is quite large so it can handle a lot of people, and it's not like Disney World where you have to wait on long lines to see each attraction. The people spread out and it was only when exiting that it was unpleasant.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 2:15 pm

I want to arrive at Keukenof earlier than the express bus gets there from AMS.

I did a search and found that I can take the Qliner 361 bus from AMS to Vreewijk, Lisse and walk 18 minutes. Where exactly is the bus stop for the Qliner 361 bus at AMS?
Old Mar 19, 2016, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
The bus will like all the busses stop at Schiphol, Airport/Plaza. The perrons are numbered B1 to B16:

Old Mar 19, 2016, 9:45 pm

Great map! Thank you, Grouchy
Old Mar 20, 2016, 8:03 am

Programs: AA ExP 5MM, DL Lifetime Medallion 2.3MM
I know I am late to this thread, but I'd like to weigh in. If you have the chance to see Keukenhof, don't miss it. It is absolutely spectacular. It is well designed to handle a lot of people and does not "feel" crowded. It is one of the sights that ought to be on a bucket list.
For towns to visit, Vollendam is high on my list. Lots of historic and beautiful things, but not as "touristy" as Delft. Admittedly, Delft is still picturesque.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by DrBillAtwood
I know I am late to this thread, but I'd like to weigh in. If you have the chance to see Keukenhof, don't miss it. It is absolutely spectacular. It is well designed to handle a lot of people and does not "feel" crowded. It is one of the sights that ought to be on a bucket list.
You're not late!

For towns to visit, Vollendam is high on my list. Lots of historic and beautiful things, but not as "touristy" as Delft. Admittedly, Delft is still picturesque.
My plan is to take the bus to Leiden which apparently leaves from the gates of Keukenhof, walk around a bit, and then take the train to Haarlem.

I plan to arrive around 08:30 before the first tour bus from AMS arrives. I'd like to take the scenic boat ride offered at Keukenhof before the crowds arrive too and see the windmill. I'm hoping that Tuesdays aren't busy. If they are, so be it. I'd like to be done by 12:00 to catch the bus to Leiden.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Analise
You're not late!

My plan is to take the bus to Leiden which apparently leaves from the gates of Keukenhof, walk around a bit, and then take the train to Haarlem.

I plan to arrive around 08:30 before the first tour bus from AMS arrives. I'd like to take the scenic boat ride offered at Keukenhof before the crowds arrive too and see the windmill. I'm hoping that Tuesdays aren't busy. If they are, so be it. I'd like to be done by 12:00 to catch the bus to Leiden.
When we went a couple years ago there was a shuttle but that left from Leiden Centraal. It was well signposted at the station and left from the parking area. It was easy to take the train from Amsterdam and Leiden and then catch the bus. I don't remember, but think it was combined into a single bus/entry fee ticket?

But, we were not thrilled with the Keukenhof itself. Crowded, and we were late in the season so saw a lot of stems rather than flowers. There were more people in walkers and wheel chairs than anyone else. The options listed above are generally better options - Haarlem and Delft are both very nice places to walk around in.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 11:15 am

When I take the train to Haarlem from Leiden after my visit to Keukenhof, should I sit on the left or right side of the train to see the vast tulip fields in the region?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by Analise
When I take the train to Haarlem from Leiden after my visit to Keukenhof, should I sit on the left or right side of the train to see the vast tulip fields in the region?
There are flower fields on both sides of the railroad tracks, so it doesn't really matter.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:43 pm
DNA

Programs: BAEC
We are heading to Norway+Netherlands in the last week of April. Will be renting an apartment in Noordwijk and a VW Polo for 4 days. Would like to travel around a little bit, visit Amsterdam (Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh museum), flower fields+Keukenhof, and the rest is wide open. A cheese market is on the list too.

Would appreciate tips and suggestions
Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:53 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
While in Amsterdam you also might consider a canal tour.
Regarding the cheesemarket: you might have to plan this for a particular day as there is one iirc every friday in Alkmaar (north of Amsterdam) and one every thursday in Gouda (southeast of Noordwijk/Leiden).
If you visit the Cheesemarket in Gouda you might spend the day there or consider a visit to Delft or Leiden as they are pretty close by and close to Noordwijk.

Also somewhat different and close to Amsterdam: Fortress city of Naarden.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by DNA
We are heading to Norway+Netherlands in the last week of April. Will be renting an apartment in Noordwijk and a VW Polo for 4 days. Would like to travel around a little bit, visit Amsterdam (Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh museum), flower fields+Keukenhof, and the rest is wide open. A cheese market is on the list too.

Would appreciate tips and suggestions
Please note that Wednesday April 27 is King's Day (celebration of the King's birthday) which is a national holiday in the Netherlands. The country turns into one big garage sale and street party. Partying will be especially heavy in the larger towns and cities. Not a good day to come to Amsterdam if you don't like huge crowds.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Sjoerd
There are flower fields on both sides of the railroad tracks, so it doesn't really matter.
Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2016, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by t0t1t2
http://www.lovers.nl/pdf/keukenhof%2...0timetable.pdf

I don't know if this is the schedule of this year or last year but it will probably be similar anyways.
Is there a link for a weekday schedule for Bus 50 that goes between Keukenhof and Haarlem? I may spend more time at Keukenhof and want to go directly to Haarlem instead of via Leiden. I want to see when buses leave. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.