Search

How to get to Corfu

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2012, 9:15 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
How to get to Corfu

Want to get as close to Corfu using OW 8/25-9/1 approx. AirBerlin flies there but either no award availability or very high prices.

I know I can fly to ATH on OW then fly a greek airline. What about flying to Italy or Albania (I know nothing about Albania) and then take a ferry.

Which OW airport to I fly into and how do i get to a ferry? Is it worth it compared to flying from ATH?

THANKS
Old Jun 27, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: Skypass, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Asiana, Krisflyer, Etihad Guest, Velocity Rewards
Originally Posted by alhcfp
Want to get as close to Corfu using OW 8/25-9/1 approx. AirBerlin flies there but either no award availability or very high prices.

I know I can fly to ATH on OW then fly a greek airline. What about flying to Italy or Albania (I know nothing about Albania) and then take a ferry.

Which OW airport to I fly into and how do i get to a ferry? Is it worth it compared to flying from ATH?

THANKS
Are you a Star Alliance member?
Old Jun 27, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
How to Get to Corfu

Corfu Airport:
Flying to Corfu , for most Europeans, is an easy flight lasting less than 3 hours. Corfu's International airport (Kapodistrias) is located on the edge of Corfu (Kerkyra) town, it is modern and compact. During the summer months (May to October) there are regular charter flights from most European countries to Corfu. Domestic flights (from Athens) operate all year round: Corfu Flights

Corfu Port: Corfu's port is at the edge of Corfu (Kerkyra) town. Ferries from Greek mainland (Igumenitsa and Patra) offer a regular service as well as ferries from Italy (Venice, Ancona and Brindisi). Corfu port is also a popular stop for visiting cruise ships.

Driving to Corfu: Some drive to Corfu, the regular ferries from Italy and the Greek mainland to Corfu make the trip easier to plan. The roads of Corfu are generally in good condition, even if unavoidably steep and twisting in some locations.

The Corfu Travel Guide by Agni Travel
Old Jun 28, 2012, 2:10 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Air Berlin is probably your best bet for a OW airline, as they fly there from many German and Swiss airports. None of these are OW hubs, but if you can get a flight in there, it should work.

If you like, I can move this thread to the OW forum, where the airline experts can help you with your routing. If you prefer destination-specific advice, I'll leave it here. Up to you.

stut
Co-Moderator
UK & Ireland
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by stut
Air Berlin is probably your best bet for a OW airline, as they fly there from many German and Swiss airports. None of these are OW hubs, but if you can get a flight in there, it should work.

If you like, I can move this thread to the OW forum, where the airline experts can help you with your routing. If you prefer destination-specific advice, I'll leave it here. Up to you.

stut
Co-Moderator
UK & Ireland
The AB service from various airports is neither daily or year round so much will depend upon the OP's dates.

There is already a thread on this in the oneworld forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...eece-w-ow.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.