Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

in flght amenity removed [from <8 hour flights]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

in flght amenity removed [from <8 hour flights]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA plat, Hilton diamond, Marriott plat for life , BA silver, Hertz prez circle, Etihad Gold
Smile in flght amenity removed [from <8 hour flights]

on auh-jfk a380 ey 103, no more pajama sets offered.
As per steward, it was effective this flight. Aug 31st.

Remember to carry on your old ones.....

RJW

Last edited by RAJWADIA; Aug 31, 2017 at 8:59 am
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
In business or apartments?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA plat, Hilton diamond, Marriott plat for life , BA silver, Hertz prez circle, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by RAJWADIA
on auh-jfk a380 ey 103, no more pajama sets offered.
As per steward, it was effective this flight. Aug 31st.

Remember to carry on your old ones.....

RJW
In Business, didnt ask about 1st or Apts.

on another note, flight was full to the gills , due to mumbai being waterlogged the day before... and upgrades being handed like candy...
we snagged one first class upgrade but had to refuse since we didnt want to be seperated.... oh.....what we do for family...:

our friends got upgraded from economy to business, entire family of 4. no status on EY.

my seat neighbor ex-mumbai got upgraded to 1st....(plat)

all in all, must have been a fantastic flight for those who got upgraded.

And for once, i cannot complain about service.. got what i wanted, when i wanted, even with the flight being full.

rjw
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:49 pm

Well, that is indeed news, if a real change and not BS from the steward.

On 27 Aug, everything was normal.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:57 pm

What's next? dine on demand in J? EK never did it in J, so here's the gold standard for EY to follow.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: EY Platinum
how would getting rid of dine on demand save them any money?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
EY401/28AUG (77W 2-class), 835pm departure out of BKK to AUH, in Business. No amenity kit given.

I made the crew aware of my disappointment with EY and got handed a plastic package with eyeshade and socks, a so called Sp (Sleeping Pack)
One of the sock inside had a large hole in it as well. Very low quality
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Silver
Originally Posted by skycruiserNL
EY401/28AUG (77W 2-class), 835pm departure out of BKK to AUH, in Business. No amenity kit given.

I made the crew aware of my disappointment with EY and got handed a plastic package with eyeshade and socks, a so called Sp (Sleeping Pack)
Given the fact that this is a nighttime flight, not handing out an amenity kit in Business is quite ridiculous. Interestingly, EY is still advertising the Business amenity kit without any mention of limitations (min. flight duration, overnight, ...) on their website (see the "in the air > amenity kit" section).

Last edited by Jrunway; Sep 3, 2017 at 5:10 am
Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:33 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Silver
Originally Posted by skycruiserNL

As I was curious, I referenced your post in the EY help thread. Seems you should have received the normal amenity kit after all ...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28774740-post1152.html
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Jrunway

Despite what the Etihad Website and Etihad Help here on FT say the kits are not being issued on some flights. I flew HKG-AUH in May which is an evening/overnight flight and no kits available. Also had same experience AUH-MAN / MAN-AUH various times this year on day and night flights. Spoke with Cabin Manager on each occasion who confirmed no kits on sub 8 hour flights, even overnight. I believe they are not loaded on the flights so even making waves onboard wouldn't necessarily result in one being made available. although if kits are not used on the outbound leg they may be available if you ask nicely!

I made my disappointment known and was assured the feedback would be passed on to management...

I also left negative feedback and complained to Etihad Guest team. Managed to get a few extra miles for my effort but kits are becoming an endangered species.

I'm sure there are exceptions but even ULH flights are getting cut backs in J.

Absurdly, on a recent daytime flight in F AUH-CAI, I was given full kit including PJs and slippers!! Go figure!

Originally Posted by Jrunway
As I was curious, I referenced your post in the EY help thread. Seems you should have received the normal amenity kit after all ...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28774740-post1152.html
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:37 am

Awesome news. Now I just need to hope they cut in-flight dining and my accumulator pays out about $150k. Go Etihad!
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:05 pm

PJ's gone, confirmed by OMAAT:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...s-pajamas-cut/
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
With respect, confirmed by Australian Business Traveller and simply re-reported by One Mile at a Time: original story at https://www.ausbt.com.au/etihad-drop...-class-pyjamas

Last edited by djsflynn; Sep 8, 2017 at 6:55 pm
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Sad news, although you now wonder what they'll do with the surplus J PJ's they have left lying around... unless they were really organised and only ran out on 30th August....!

Originally Posted by djsflynn
With respect, confirmed by Australian Business Traveller and simply re-reported by One Mile at a Time: original story at https://www.ausbt.com.au/etihad-drop...-class-pyjamas
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So amenity kits have been dropped from all sub-8 hour flights? That's ridiculous! I understand pajamas, but with the exception of SQ, most international airlines always offer an amenity kit. I even got a substantial Thann kit from a Bangkok Airways four hour flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.