Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Lost Luggage - Etihad does not respond to calls or emails

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

I flew from JFK-Bom on etihad recently and didn't find my baby stroller in BOM when I landed. I asked around and they couldn't find it for me. This is my first time losing something on an airplane so I didn't realize I am suppose file a report at the airport for etihad to find my lost item. I have my lost bag tags but I get no responses to my emails from etihad. At JFK I was told that without the report from the BOM airport they wouldn't be able to do anything. Customer service is useless and super unhelpful. Is there any way to escalate this through etihad, I would think if I gave them my bag tags they would easily be able to locate my stroller, what does the report do and I how can I file it retroactively?

Last edited by Countdrak; Jul 12, 2017 at 7:31 pm Reason: More accurate title
Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: IB G; EY S
I have the same issue. Found my bags but I had to buy some stuff. Theyve send an email
confirming they will pay, and since then I haven't heard anything back from them.
Its disgusting how etihad even treats their tier members and is constantly ignoring customers.

Customer service is getting worse, e.g. for 11h delay and missing customer service, they replied they are very sorry.
Nothing else, not even miles. And then I read about ppl who get 20k for a missing IFE.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:38 am

At EY requests like that are processed like follow:
- no EY guest status: your request will be deleted automatically by the server
- EY guest silver: your request will be deleted manually by a service center agent
- EY guest gold: you get a automatically generated confirmation and your request will be deleted manually by a service center agent
- EY guest platinum: you get a manually, promising confirmation from a service center agent and your request will be deleted manually by a team leader

As you see, it's always worth to qualify for a hiigher status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.