Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Got the A380 Apartment AUH-BOM with 80k AA miles!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle

Finally as it has been hard to locate this availability for me. I am in Saudi Arabia and found business class Dammam - Abu Dhabi (1 hour flight) with the A380 Apartment! Going for July Eid break during Ramadan and couldn't be happier. Got the value I wanted when I speculatively purchased US Air miles several years ago and transferred over to AA when the merger happened. Nice to have diversity in your alliances for sure and Etihad and Gulf Air have been great to book from Saudi Arabia for me with AA miles.

Looking forward to my Trip.^^
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
To clarify, are you speaking about the normal First Class apartments, or The Residence?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flylonghaul
To clarify, are you speaking about the normal First Class apartments, or The Residence?
NOT Residence as you can't book that with AA miles.

BTW did they do away with the Chauffeur for business/first flights booked with AA miles?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Ok I see. Thats why I was a little shocked.
Still an amazing product though.

Not sure about the Chauffeur though.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:12 am

Just FYI, I'm pretty sure Etihad is pulling the A380 from the Mumbai route as of July 1. They run the A340 and 777 on that route which also have First, but nothing quite so cool as the A380. And yes, they no longer offer the chauffeur for tickets booked with AA miles.
Old May 4, 2017, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimindc
Just FYI, I'm pretty sure Etihad is pulling the A380 from the Mumbai route as of July 1. They run the A340 and 777 on that route which also have First, but nothing quite so cool as the A380. And yes, they no longer offer the chauffeur for tickets booked with AA miles.
I think you are right for I couldn't find it for the week after I am going.... i'm late June so just in time! Looking forward to using the 80k AA miles for Dammam, KSA-AUH-BOM and then back........ great redemption.
Old May 8, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by schley
BTW did they do away with the Chauffeur for business/first flights booked with AA miles?
Yes, as of roughly August 2016.
Old May 17, 2017, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by schley
Finally as it has been hard to locate this availability for me. I am in Saudi Arabia and found business class Dammam - Abu Dhabi (1 hour flight) with the A380 Apartment! Going for July Eid break during Ramadan and couldn't be happier. Got the value I wanted when I speculatively purchased US Air miles several years ago and transferred over to AA when the merger happened. Nice to have diversity in your alliances for sure and Etihad and Gulf Air have been great to book from Saudi Arabia for me with AA miles.

Looking forward to my Trip.^^
You got robbed my friend. You could have done AUH - LHR one-way for 62,5000 AA miles in F and enjoy the A380 with two meal services. Plus, if you have the Aviator card, you'd get back 10% of the miles.
Old May 17, 2017, 11:58 pm
Suspended

I booked BOM-AUH-JFK in F for 115k AA miles. The BOM-AUH route will be on the 777. Can't wait for that A380 F experience, so excited!
Old May 18, 2017, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by GeorgeLopez
I booked BOM-AUH-JFK in F for 115k AA miles. The BOM-AUH route will be on the 777. Can't wait for that A380 F experience, so excited!
I booked DFW-JFK-AUH-BOM (round trip) flying apartment both ways. Booked with 230K miles plus taxes.

When I booked - AUH / BOM route was A380 too but they changed planes. They did not even bother to inform me about change in planes. Atleast they made sure to assign me seats on AUH/BOM routes.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fly747first
You got robbed my friend. You could have done AUH - LHR one-way for 62,5000 AA miles in F and enjoy the A380 with two meal services. Plus, if you have the Aviator card, you'd get back 10% of the miles.
Good point but that would assume I wanted to go to London
Old May 18, 2017, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by johndoes
I booked DFW-JFK-AUH-BOM (round trip) flying apartment both ways. Booked with 230K miles plus taxes.

When I booked - AUH / BOM route was A380 too but they changed planes. They did not even bother to inform me about change in planes. Atleast they made sure to assign me seats on AUH/BOM routes.

What plane type are you on for the AUH-BOM route? I initially had the 380 on both routes but then I remembered an article about Etihad removing the 380 from the AUH/BOM route and switched it to the 777 since they have a nice first class seat as well.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by GeorgeLopez
What plane type are you on for the AUH-BOM route? I initially had the 380 on both routes but then I remembered an article about Etihad removing the 380 from the AUH/BOM route and switched it to the 777 since they have a nice first class seat as well.
Thats exactly it was changed to 777. But how can anyone compare Apartment with Diamond Suite 777 F class lol
Old May 18, 2017, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by johndoes
Thats exactly it was changed to 777. But how can anyone compare Apartment with Diamond Suite 777 F class lol

LOL not comparing but definitely not complaining. You could do worse than 777 F!!
Old May 18, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Seems like a hefty redemption for quite a short itinerary, even RT, but YMMV. I think I spent a bit over 100k AA for AUH-JFK-DFW next month. Going be a long but fantastic trip.

Enjoy it regardless and report back your experience!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.