Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do Etihad charge for selecting seats

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Do Etihad charge for selecting seats

Do Etihad charge for selecting seats, I notice that emirates do now unless you book your seats within 24 hours of your flight.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
As far as I know its free to book standard seats in economy. Only seats with extra legroom require additional payment.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by malct
Do Etihad charge for selecting seats, I notice that emirates do now unless you book your seats within 24 hours of your flight.
For Emirates it's for Economy only and even then, only if you have the "cheaper" tickets (Special or Saver). For these it's 48 hours before and you're exempt from the fee if you're Skywards Silver or above, or travelling with a baby or infant.

Extra legroom seats are only available at the airport.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
The equivalent cheap fares on EY do not charge a seat selection fee that EK does currently.

If EY and QR can stick with no fees on seats, I think they can challenge EK. It was one of the reasons I have not booked EK recently.

Rasheed
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your replys, looks like Emirates will miss out on customer's, for a couple flying to Bangkok from the UK return, that means having to pay for 8 sector's which makes it an expensive ticket.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by malct
Thank you for your replys, looks like Emirates will miss out on customer's, for a couple flying to Bangkok from the UK return, that means having to pay for 8 sector's which makes it an expensive ticket.
It is not compulsory to pay to select a seat. For your "couple" with an abhorrence of "expensive tickets", they would never choose to pay for seating, anyway.

Etihad will most likely also introduce advance seating fees for their Saver tickets in the not too distant future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.