Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

EY at FRA: Change of Terminals T2 to T1 effective from 26.03.17

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

As I was told at the EY lounge at T2/FRA today, EY's change of terminals at FRA from T2 to T1 will be effective from 26.03.2017. EY will use the LH lounges at T1. I did not get the information, which kind of lounge (Business, Senator, First) will be available for EY passengers.

They were really fast with that!
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by thbe
As I was told at the EY lounge at T2/FRA today, EY's change of terminals at FRA from T2 to T1 will be effective from 26.03.2017. EY will use the LH lounges at T1. I did not get the information, which kind of lounge (Business, Senator, First) will be available for EY passengers.

They were really fast with that!
thta is really disappointing. I have a flight with JU on the 26th and was looking forward to visit the EY lounge again.

it was such a lovely place.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

As it's not official yet, there is the chance, that the change will be later. All my bookings still show T2 and there is no official notice yet.

But the caterer is canceled already and the lounge staff were quite sad, because they are worried about their jobs.

I did not eat at the lounge, but I appreciated that the T2 is smaller and so you need less time to get from/to the gates.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:38 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Anybody have any news on the date of the Munich terminal move?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:49 am
Original Poster

"Frankfurt Terminal Move and Lounge Closure

In February 2017, Etihad Airways announced a new partnership with Lufthansa Airlines, part of Europe’s largest aviation group.

To facilitate the connectivity and customer experience associated with the new agreement in Germany, Etihad Airways will move its operations in Frankfurt from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 on 26 March 2017.

The move will incorporate all Etihad operations in Frankfurt including check-in and boarding. The Etihad First and Business Class Lounge in Terminal 2 will close permanently.

From this date onwards, Etihad First Class guests plus Etihad Guest and Etihad Airways Partners (EAP) Platinum card holders will be welcomed into Lufthansa’s Senator Lounge in Terminal 1 while Business Class Guests, Etihad Guest and EAP Gold card holders will be given access to Lufthansa’s Business Class Lounge in Terminal 1."

http://www.etihad.com/en-us/announce...ounge-closure/
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
What a downgrade.
i was hoping for the Lh First lounge for platinum and first guests
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by h1ghfly3r
What a downgrade.
i was hoping for the Lh First lounge for platinum and first guests
Given that even UA pax get access unless GS (invite-only top tier) and travelling F, there was never any hope for EY.

I'd argue that the drop to LH Business lounges is a much bigger downgrade for J pax. Hope everyone likes hot dogs and kartoffelnsalat...
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Lufthansa have commenced nobbling Etihad's attractions for premium flyers!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stargold
Given that even UA pax get access unless GS (invite-only top tier) and travelling F, there was never any hope for EY.
Yes and no.

Yes, because there were no hope since EY started with cost cutting and the charge rate for LH FCL access is much higher than for LH SEN lounge for sure.

No, because if EY would not change from "money don't matter!" to "Being stingy is cool!", they would pay for LH FCL lounge like they did i. e. at BKK and the TG first lounges.

Last edited by thbe; Mar 23, 2017 at 6:37 am
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Speedbird676
Anybody have any news on the date of the Munich terminal move?
Change of Terminal in MUC to T2 effective from June 1. Same rules for lounge access like in FRA.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:59 pm

Upgrade in MUC, downgrade in FRA then
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Upgrade in MUC, downgrade in FRA then
Not really a downgrade. The EY lounge in FRA was not that great, except for the fact they had champagne (which i will miss).

Also, T1 is so much better than T2. I always hated the security check right before the gate, after the lounge. How often have I showed up at the EY lounge and they were already closed because passengers had been kicked out to queue for screening - won't happen anymore in T1.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:34 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
Not really a downgrade. The EY lounge in FRA was not that great, except for the fact they had champagne (which i will miss).

You have German sparkling wine in SEN Lounge. Not terribly bad.

I hope QR would move to T2 and grab space vacated by EY for its own lounge. OneWorld elites deserve a nice lounge in FRA
Old Mar 25, 2017, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
I hope QR would move to T2 and grab space vacated by EY for its own lounge. OneWorld elites deserve a nice lounge in FRA
You do realise that if QR opened its own Premium Lounge, oneworld elites will not be allowed in, right? All of their own lounges (Al Mourjan and Al Safwa in DOH, and the QR lounges in LHR, CDG and DXB) only allow access to F/J.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: QR Gold, TK Gold
Originally Posted by TPJ
OneWorld elites deserve a nice lounge in FRA
Isn't there a CX lounge in T2?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.