Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule changes and chauffeur booking

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Schedule changes and chauffeur booking

My flight from KTM to AUH in January now arrives 90 minutes later. Just out of interest, I called the contact centre and asked if, because of schedule change, I need to rebook my chauffeur. The answer was 'yes' as the old confirmed chauffeur booking is not automatically transferred across to the new arrival time. I can understand the need to make a new booking for the flight where there is a chauffeur service to the airport, but I was a little surprised by the need to make a new one for arrival into AUH. Oh well, one lives and one learns.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I had a similar issue last week - my flight out of AUH was delayed two hours and I had to speak with customer service multiple times they said, that the pick-up will be pushed back two hours.

As expected, they didn't change anything so my chaffeur showed up at the original time (i.e. 5 hours before the new departure). I refused to go to the airport then so they sent a new chaffeur a couple hours later. Unbelievable that there's no coordination in their hub.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I laughed when I saw this thread because I was just preparing to create a new topic with the same issue!

We booked before EY had changed the AA award chauffeur policy and also booked the car service accordingly. EY made a minor schedule change in Sep which prompted AA to "reissue" the ticket completely triggering the new rules.

As a data point, our original chauffeur reservations stuck, however we changed our hotel at our destination and now EY central reservations center refuses to update the drop off location citing that it will cancel the entire request. Seems to be a really bad experience as this was not a voluntary change, rather one that AA initiated as a result of an EY schedule change.

I kept the chauffeur reservation as is in hopes that the driver or company will honor the revised drop off address for the arriving flight, however this seems like a risky move. Any thoughts on how to proceed here?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
It appears that you can make changes to the address on Etihad's chauffeur webpage, however central reservations states that this will cancel out the request entirely.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 3:51 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Once the booking is in place I contact the chauffeur company direct in the UK if there are to be any changes and to finalize exact time of collection
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
How do you guys are able to manage your chauffeur information on the website? I tried to reserve and I got a "Not Eligible", I called and I was told I will get a call T24~T8, but they couldn't provide me a confirmation number, but I can check it under my booking. I can't find any information, and if I tried to reserve still the same issue (not eligible).

I'm asking this because AA just changed one of the flight, an aircraft swap with a new time and I know that they will re-issue my eticket. I want to make sure I will get my Chauffeur because I will got from the Hotel in the middle of the dessert to Abu Dhabi, which is 2~3hs away.

TIA
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:57 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I long ago gave up with the web site for the chauffeur (well to be honest never started).

Either speak with Etihad direct or with your travel agent if you booked via an agent and get it sorted. There can be a glitch that will show no booking/or not eligible when in fact there is a booking or it could be that your ticket does not entitle you to the service if it is "z" class
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
I decided to call again in another language (spanish instead of english) and I got a great CS agent, he explained to me that everything was good, but if I want to change my phone number in the reservation (since UAE will block voip calls), the system will cancel my actual chauffeur and I will not be able to select a new one because it may take the new changes that started in August 10. Besides, but I can always call a week before and they can make those changes without any issue.

He told me if for any reason there is any minor flight change (EY or AA), AA will re-confirm the ticket but it will not issue a new one. Now if they change the flight# AA maybe re-issue the tickets resulting a new e-ticket number and my chauffeur reservation will be canceled by the system. In order to prevent/avoid this, he told me I can always call AA and make sure they only re-issue the 2nd lane of the ticket, leaving EY e-ticket number intact without any change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.