Search

Flight changes = unconfirmed booking

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club, Skywards
Flight changes = unconfirmed booking

H there...

My flight to Auh and return flight back to LHR in November today had changes to flight times of 15 mins and 5 mins respectively.

I received an email stating the change in times and showing the same seat numbers.

I then checked in manage my booking and it says one or more your flights are unconfirmed. You need to call the call centre.

The booking shows 2 outbound flights to Auh, one with the old time and one with the new flight times and the same for the return flights. Return flight shows 2 flights, again one with the new flight times and one with the old.

Should I be concerned or is this an IT glitch?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Call them
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

I was hoping this was a common issue that people have encountered before.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: EY, QR Platinum, BA Gold
I've seen this before (several times)on some of my flights when there are changes to flight times and it after awhile the old flight goes away. It really nothing to be concerned about.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 2:09 am

I have a MAN-BKK return flight coming up in Jan and received an e mail with slight time changes. Just checked Manage My Booking and also saw that 3 of the 4 legs were showing as Unconfirmed. It seems that you cannot change to Confirmed online so phoned them to Confirm those 3 legs. I did ask if there is an online option and was told there is not.
As I expect there will be another 5 or 6 flight time changes before my actual flight (from experience) then it is a bit of a pain - don't want to risk losing my selected seats.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 2:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
I have this in one of my flights AUH-MAN. It shows twice. I called them and they said they would resolve it. But the problem is still there. I think its some sort of glitch
Old Jul 29, 2016, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
I have this in one of my flights AUH-MAN. It shows twice. I called them and they said they would resolve it. But the problem is still there. I think its some sort of glitch
Immediately having spoken to them to confirm the 3 unconfirmed legs the Manage My Booking page updated to all flights confirmed. So no glitch for me.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback.

I called the call centre and they removed the duplicate unconfirmed flights. It was due to the slight changes in flight time.

Booking has been updated straight away.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 1:59 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
This is perfectly OK - it shows 2 segments (with old and new times) because you need to accept the change - only then it will go down to a single segment (with new time after the schedule change) as agent removes the old segment. I believe it works like this in all the GDS'es.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.