Wiki Posts
Search

EY 15000 miles expiring in a month

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 10:33 am
Original Poster

EY 15000 miles expiring in a month

Hi Everyone
I am a newbie here, so my apologies if the question is too obvious.

I have 14895 miles with my Etihad account, that are slated to expire in 1-2 months. I am trying to find a good use for them.

I realize that the miles I have are not a lot for trans-atlantic travel, and that is the reason I cannot figure out what to do with them. Redeeming them on
AA domestic flights seems to be a nightmare - I read a few forum posts that attest to that.

I am interested in traveling to Iceland this October and was wondering if there is a way I can use my miles somehow for that travel. I realize that Etihad does not go to Iceland, but it's partner airlines might. Is there an easy way to check availability on partner airlines for a one-way ticket to Iceland from mainland US? Or is my best bet going to be checking the individual airlines that partner with Etihad?

Can you suggest any other ways by which I can use these miles?
Old Jun 24, 2016, 11:01 am

Flight award to KEF is not possible from the US. I've seen October flights to Iceland from NYC for $400 on Iceland Air (though not might be closer to 6-700) so wouldn't be good value in any case.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 10:49 pm

Use the miles on the eshop, sometimes they have discounts that make some items worthwhile given the miles are expiring and no redemption options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.