Running Out of Food Still an Issue?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Will ask about food upon boarding tomorrow
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: Double Platinum all programs (Shh it's a secret level)
Originally Posted by grannieflyer
Thats interesting. When I successfully upgraded using miles at check in LHR, LHR/AUD ~15 mths ago, before my upgrade was confirmed, the check in staff had to confirm that there was enough food on board!
That's embarrassing. Are you an overly large woman??
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:37 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I have much sympathy with the airline here. People do not post to say they got the meal they wanted (apart from being in response to a post like this) and most people get what they want.

Clearly there are limits as to what can be carried and I always order what i want and if relevant tell the staff when I want it served. Not foolproof if I am the last one having their order taken but has never failed me so far
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:03 am

I got lucky. I'd heard about this food situation on EY and had been concerned. Use to live in Abu Dhabi until last June and thankfully this never happened to me.

Went back for a visit last month and flew JFK-AUH A380 F on the way there, AUH-LAX F on the way back. No problems, thank goodness. Great service by all crew. And wonderful food. AUH-LAX was full and I was concerned that there could have been shortages but I didnt see any.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

So I'm writing this live from EY 102. I asked the chef and purser upon boarding if I should place two separate orders and specifically if 'they have enough food.'

The answer I got was they have plenty of food and there would not be a problem. But if I wanted a main dish, as oppose to something on the all-day dining section that is traditionally served before landing, I should arrange it ahead of time. Didn't feel like a steak before landing so didn't take him up on it. good to know this isn't a problem, at least on this flight in F.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by RenHoek
That's embarrassing. Are you an overly large woman??
Ha, Ha! I am very petite, both in height and width - 48 kgs. On a serious note, to my mind it means that 18 mths ago, catering was a concern in F. I may be small, but have you ever heard of the mighty atom??
Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:25 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I've never ever had an issue with food in EY F.

Let's not forget that QF specifically writes on boarding passes for upgrades on the day or op-ups *Catering not assured. Smart move to ensure actual and status pax get what they want. On Domestic it means you may not get a meal at all!
Old Feb 18, 2016, 9:29 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Speaking of Op Up, my award boarding passes denoted "FIRST UPD" I don't know what that means.

Anyway, both flights had plenty of food and I asked them about it on both flights and they both said it would not be a problem.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:29 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
First Class Upper Deck.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
First Class Upper Deck.
Like they have F on the lower deck?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:35 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Like they have F on the lower deck?
I believe it's so ground agents (who may be unfamiliar with the aircraft) around the world ensure the pax are boarding through the correct door...
Old Feb 20, 2016, 2:23 am

I believe it's so ground agents (who may be unfamiliar with the aircraft) around the world ensure the pax are boarding through the correct door...
You mean the correct floor?
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
I've never ever had an issue with food in EY F.
Nor have I.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Sheesh, this is still a problem. 787 AUH-IAD yesterday in F, ran out of options for first meal, snacks later in the flight, and even certain drinks! Unacceptable for such a premium.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by surftb15
I had this problem on the 777-200 LR in business class.
In J (777), ORD-AUH and AUH-ORD, some items had run out by the time I ordered the second meal. Outbound, only the omlette was still available. On the return, the omlette was unavailable. This was within the last week. J was not full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.