Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guest rules for Ethiad apartment

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I recall there was actually a thread here in the recent past from someone swearing they would fly EY again because someone invited their wife/girlfriend up into F (suite, not apartment) and the staff seemed to only half heartedly "protect the integrity of the F cabin.". So who knows... I've seen customer behavior and reactions on EY that on some carriers would get you kicked off the plane, maybe landed in jail. EY seems to have somewhat light touch to cabin rules enforcement.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:23 pm

Maybe this one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...apartment.html

where even the EY rep said it should be OK in the circumstances described. Not the same as the OP here, but telling nevertheless.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Maybe this one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...apartment.html

where even the EY rep said it should be OK in the circumstances described. Not the same as the OP here, but telling nevertheless.
So according to the Etihad Representative, the answer is 'Yes' for at least a limited visit arranged via the cabin crew. The OP has their answer.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Also look at this one here

This is the one I was referring to about lack of empowerment, and indeed you can see there that people wondered out loud if that lack of empowerment might lead to 3 people sitting in an apartment ;-)

I guess I think some visits are fine, but planning on buying 2 Y tickets and having those people spend the entire time in the apartment, I'm not a fan of that. I'm paying for me, my wife and 3 children to be in apartments in December, so this is not a hypothetical by any means. And when I paid for us to be in F suites last year so that we were 5/8ths of the F cabin, I was certainly hoping that we would have the level of attention from the crew that we did and that it would not be diluted by additional guests from C or Y who "doubled up" in the remaining F suites.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold
The unpleasant tone of these responses are the reason I rarely come onto Flyertalk anymore. People don't seem to understand the impact their words can have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.