Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Wifi complimentary for Diamond First Class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wifi complimentary for Diamond First Class?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2016, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Steven6702
Joke is on us since no more Blue.
Oh snap!
Old Mar 18, 2016, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by h1ghfly3r
I don't understand why everyone is complaining about free wifi. No other airline offers it for free, why should Etihad do so?
You obviously have not had the pleasure of flying TK in long-haul J. Not only free Wi-Fi that works well enough to let me trade stocks, but also far better food than the ME3
Old Mar 19, 2016, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by TinDrum
You obviously have not had the pleasure of flying TK in long-haul J. Not only free Wi-Fi that works well enough to let me trade stocks, but also far better food than the ME3
They had it after launch, but not anymore.

Last edited by mlqsko; Mar 21, 2016 at 1:14 am
Old Mar 20, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by jasondc
... but it's ONLY complimentary on the 787 and A380 aircraft in F and J. Not on the 777-300 aircraft.
It is definitely not complementary in the A380 in First... still had to pay the fees :/
Old Mar 21, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
Originally Posted by gorgeoustresses
It is definitely not complementary in the A380 in First... still had to pay the fees :/
Wasn't complimentary for me in First on A380 or 777, both last week.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 5:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by TinDrum
How did we get on the topic of food on TK? TK's food is good, but does not even come close to compare to EK and EY dine on demand extensive menu.

Getting back on topic, guess it was just a temporary thing with the launch of the EY A380. No more free Wi-fi which is kind of ridiculous considering you're paying 20-30k for the seat.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
They really should include it for Gold+ status flyers in premium cabins.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by h1ghfly3r
I don't understand why everyone is complaining about free wifi. No other airline offers it for free, why should Etihad do so?
JetBlue offers free wifi to all customers.

Low Cost Carrier Norwegian offers free wifi to all customers.

Aer Lingus offers free wifi to business class customers on its own fleet (no wifi on the leased Boeing planes).

Emirates offers 10MB of free data to all customers; a further 500MB can be purchased for US$1.

Last edited by irishguy28; Mar 23, 2016 at 10:35 am
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:35 am
Formerly known as koeche

Programs: LX HON, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond, Windows 11, Adobe Creative Suite
LX offers 50MB free to their F customers. However besides that, their pricing is a joke. I find the 20 bucks Etihad is asking quite reasonable (unlimited and 24h!), also the speed is ok unless you have somebody on board streaming a rugby game

However, I was told by a LX colleague that Satellite Wifi is actually costing them (and most likely any other airline using the same network) serious money. Not slightly comparable to regular leased line Internet as hotels are using. Oh and still charging 10-20 bucks a day.

Some airlines, specially domestic US, are able to use a ground based broadcasting system which is cheaper to use and therefore makes it easier to offer free Wifi.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CheckInPeach
LI find the 20 bucks Etihad is asking quite reasonable (unlimited and 24h!), also the speed is ok unless you have somebody on board streaming a rugby game
Hi CheckInPeach,

A question regarding the 24hrs is it possible to pause the usage or is it 24hrs from the time you buy it and start use it?

I ask because I fly LHR-AUH-MEL but I have a 21 hrs stay in AUH
and i'd by access on the London-AUH flight only if I knew that I could use it on the second on else I'll just enjoy the first flight off-line
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:40 am
Formerly known as koeche

Programs: LX HON, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond, Windows 11, Adobe Creative Suite
Unhappy

Originally Posted by jumbooze
Hi CheckInPeach,

A question regarding the 24hrs is it possible to pause the usage or is it 24hrs from the time you buy it and start use it?

I ask because I fly LHR-AUH-MEL but I have a 21 hrs stay in AUH
and i'd by access on the London-AUH flight only if I knew that I could use it on the second on else I'll just enjoy the first flight off-line
It's 24 hours in one piece, cannot be paused. Note that not all EY planes use the same provider. If a second flight has a different system than the first one, the 24h pass becomes useless anyway.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:58 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CheckInPeach
It's 24 hours in one piece, cannot be paused. Note that not all EY planes use the same provider. If a second flight has a different system than the first one, the 24h pass becomes useless anyway.
Thanks then I know, it's currently scheduled to be a380 both segments but thanks for the heads up anyways there can always be changes...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.