Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

when status increases a level when do the additional miles credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 3:43 am
Original Poster

I made Silver status recently and when I noticed that I didn't get any additional miles for the flight that made me Silver nor the short flight after this one I contacted the Silver help desk. One month later still no answer to my question as to when the additional miles actually start.
Several emails later this was the last response...

[I]Thank you for taking the time to contact the Etihad Guest Service Centre.

Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused by this incident.[I]

Further to your email, we understand that a response with regards to your query pertaining to your Silver tier bonus miles has been pending for some time, for which we would like to apologize. Please allow us to clarify that there is an internal process involved that may take a period of time for resolution.
As our valued Etihad Guest, we can only seek for your continued trust in our assurance that we are constantly following up the same and will get back to you at the earliest possible.
You can visit our website www.etihadguest.com where you will find the terms and conditions of the Etihad Guest programme.
Should you require any further assistance, please contact us
We look forward to welcoming you as our guest in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

I believe it is a simple question that should not require some epic journey...
Can someone enlighten me with their experience when they went between status levels?

thanks
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:51 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat

Welcome to the pain of the Etihad Guest. I imagine everyone in this forum suffers from miles not crediting and no response from help desks. The op's experience is par for the course unfortunately.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:20 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
I do not believe that you get additional miles for the flight that made you silver. However; you should get extra miles for any flights after you qualified as Silver. You'll have to contact Etihad Guest and may have to stay on them to resolve the matter.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:19 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by barry willis
I made Silver status recently and when I noticed that I didn't get any additional miles for the flight that made me Silver nor the short flight after this one I contacted the Silver help desk. One month later still no answer to my question as to when the additional miles actually start.
Several emails later this was the last response...

[I]Thank you for taking the time to contact the Etihad Guest Service Centre.

Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused by this incident.[I]

Further to your email, we understand that a response with regards to your query pertaining to your Silver tier bonus miles has been pending for some time, for which we would like to apologize. Please allow us to clarify that there is an internal process involved that may take a period of time for resolution.
As our valued Etihad Guest, we can only seek for your continued trust in our assurance that we are constantly following up the same and will get back to you at the earliest possible.
You can visit our website www.etihadguest.com where you will find the terms and conditions of the Etihad Guest programme.
Should you require any further assistance, please contact us
We look forward to welcoming you as our guest in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

I believe it is a simple question that should not require some epic journey...
Can someone enlighten me with their experience when they went between status levels?

thanks
Dear barry willis,

We regret to hear your disappointment. Could you please provide us your email address or case number by DM so we can look into this for you.

Thank you. *JS
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Hi
What are you looking into ? I am still waiting on the luggage incident that you have just given up on - so have I. What chance do I have as I was not flying in first or business class at the time - that was the response at the airport at the time. Etihadhelp just wasted my time on this by asking to send in pics....

Its a text book answer I'm looking for.

When do the status tier miles start to post to a flight - is it the one that makes you the tier level or the one after this?
No one seems to know this answer at Silver desk no matter how many emails I send asking the same question they say they are looking into it... really that's not a difficult question.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Flight to make Silver was on April 5, Silver status granted July 15, there was a small flight taken on April 25.
I'm missing somewhere between 100 and 1900 miles or so.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 4:56 am
Original Poster

I had an answer that the additional miles are for after the flight that changes the status.
Seems no one on this forum had any idea to this simple question.
When we ask is Etihadhelp any use ?we need to reflect... are the forum users here any help too.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 6:46 am

I had an answer that the additional miles are for after the flight that changes the status.
Seems no one on this forum had any idea to this simple question.
When we ask is Etihadhelp any use ?we need to reflect... are the forum users here any help too.
Post #3 on this thread had the answer to your question

Originally Posted by STBCypriot
I do not believe that you get additional miles for the flight that made you silver. However; you should get extra miles for any flights after you qualified as Silver. You'll have to contact Etihad Guest and may have to stay on them to resolve the matter.
STBCypriot gave the answer and advise on what to do if the miles do not post
Old Aug 8, 2015, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

I did read the post #3, it just did not seem convincing that's all.
No one that changed status added any comment to it as well reflecting on what happened to them.
At least now I just don't know where to look at this rule in the terms and conditions, but I did get the credit of 125 miles for the flight
Old Aug 9, 2015, 5:58 am

I did read the post #3, it just did not seem convincing that's all.
You couldn't make this up.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 10:28 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
With 1,560 posts I am not convincing? Oh well. Sorry about that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.