380F service/wine

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:14 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom
Original Poster

380F service/wine

Hello,

We've flown the 340F and recently the 787F, which I found much better overall because there were three of us in the eight room cabin vs. 12 people and three rows. However, the food and wine weren't any different. In fact, on the 787 the champagne was a cheaper bollinger than the 99 billecart salmon we had on the 340 previously.

We are thinking about getting tickets on the 380, and while the hard product is top notch, I just wanted to hear about the food/wine/service, and if it is any better on average than the 340 or 787.

Curiously, the service on the 787 was not quite as good as it was on the 340 since the service (may) have been split with business and I loved the charming french chef we had the first time. But it was still great--but sometimes I had to ding them a few times to refill the champagne a few times. And there were many, many refills!

But overall the flight on the 787 was our best flight to date since it was so cozy and our party took up nearly 40% of the cabin.

Last edited by DSI; Jul 6, 2015 at 3:20 am
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:43 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
Hello,

We've flown the 340F and recently the 787F, which I found much better overall because there were three of us in the eight room cabin vs. 12 people and three rows. However, the food and wine weren't any different. In fact, on the 787 the champagne was a cheaper bollinger than the 99 billecart salmon we had on the 340 previously.

We are thinking about getting tickets on the 380, and while the hard product is top notch, I just wanted to hear about the food/wine/service, and if it is any better on average than the 340 or 787.

Curiously, the service on the 787 was not quite as good as it was on the 340 since the service (may) have been split with business and I loved the charming french chef we had the first time. But it was still great--but sometimes I had to ding them a few times to refill the champagne a few times. And there were many, many refills!

But overall the flight on the 787 was our best flight to date since it was so cozy and our party took up nearly 40% of the cabin.
Food & beverage in F is supposed to be the same on all aircraft (galley equipment etc. permitting). The variation (as with any cabin/airline) will be the staff.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: GHA Gold Priority Club Gold,Etihad Guest,EK Skywards,BA exec and QR privilege
Do EY change the F menu and if so when/how often?

Is the menu for your flight available before departure date,if so when.

Thanks for any help......H
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
They do change them, how often I don't know, and they also vary by route.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:59 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
Hello,

Dear declinespecificinformation,

Thank you for your message. The menu varies from route to route. And we normally change the beverage menu every couple months. (Around 4 months).

Hope this may help. *JS
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
Etihad Help; Do you what the beverage menu on the SIN-AUH in F is for the start of August?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:42 am

Etihad Airways

Hi irish mark,

Great to hear from you again, please confirm this question? Are you looking for the beverage menu for August? Hope to hear from you soon *GW
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:32 pm

Yep... please.. in F Sin to AUH...
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
What type of Champagne does Etihad provide in F - I know they are more vineyard buys, but are they worth it compared to what other airlines offer?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:24 pm

Hi irish mark,

Thanks for clarifying this, we will contact our team to advise and get back to you as soon as possible. *GW
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:28 pm

Hi jubbing,

Great to hear from you, let us find our for you. We will contact our team and update you soon *GW
Old Jul 7, 2015, 5:58 am

thanks..
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:54 am

380F service/wine

Ahem... Etihad Help, no answer yet???
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:09 am

Hi Mark, we haven’t got any update yet. Please be assured that we will contact our concerned department again and get back to you with updates. Thank you for your patience. *ZD
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:35 am

thanks.. mind you a week for a wine list is a bit slow!! exp when I'm asking about First..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.