Community
Wiki Posts
Search

shorthaul experience (AUH-CCU)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2015, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

shorthaul experience (AUH-CCU)

Much has been written about longhaul flights in J, and my experience matched everyone else's. However, after USA-AUH I continued on AUH-CCU and that was not so good.

The passengers were a rough bunch, and EY service may be a response to that. Boarding involved being pushed and shoved like the subway in rush hour; the priority line was not enforced. J was full but only a couple of seats had been assigned a few hours ago, so I assume the rest were upgraded due to overbooking.

Anyway, FAs were not eager to serve. For example, they came by for meal orders and asked if passengers wanted chicken, lamb or vegetarian; I got an appetizer only because I had looked at the menu and specifically asked for one. The other passengers did not ask and did not get any. They never came by later asking about dessert (I didn't want dessert but I would have expected it to be offered). No coffee, and no drinks service for the rest of the 4-hour flight. Quite a difference from the longhaul flight.

In the past I have flown USA-HKG-CCU on KA(CX) and have spoken disparagingly of the HKG-CCU leg. Now I have to admit that KA on HKG-CCU was better than EY on AUH-CCU. EY wins on legroom and IFE (KA doesn't have any IFE on this route), but KA service isn't quite this bad.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Jul 5, 2015 at 3:56 pm
Old Jul 5, 2015, 12:50 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi There,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your short haul flight from Abu Dhabi, to look into this for you further and investigate. We will need you to DM us your PNR and email address to create a case for you. Many Thanks. *HE

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Much has been written about longhaul flights in J, and my experience matched everyone else's. However, after USA-AUH I continued on AUH-CCU and that was not so good.

The passengers were a rough bunch, and EY service may be a response to that. Boarding involved being pushed and shoved like the subway in rush hour; the priority line was not enforced. J was full but only a couple of seats had been assigned a few hours ago, so I assume the rest were upgraded due to overbooking. Anyway, FAs were not eager to serve food or drink: they did what I asked but no more. Quite a difference from the longhaul flight.

In the past I have flown USA-HKG-CCU on CX and have spoken disparagingly of the HKG-CCU leg. Now I have to admit that KA(CX) on HKG-CCU was better than EY on AUH-CCU. EY wins on legroom and IFE (KA doesn't have any IFE on this route), but KA is a more pleasant experience overall.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi There,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your short haul flight from Abu Dhabi, to look into this for you further and investigate. We will need you to DM us your PNR and email address to create a case for you. Many Thanks. *HE
This would not be worth my time, given that EY Customer Service is unresponsive.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:03 pm

Hi SeeBuyFly

We would like to help and assist you, we hope to hear from you to help accordingly *GW
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Had a similar experience on a recent DEL flight in J. After the food orders they never came around and were aski actively for a refill or desert.

It was not that bad as the flight was quite late at night and all I wanted was to watch a movie.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:48 pm

Hi h1ghfly3r,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us here on Flyertalk

We would like to hear more about this experience, please send us a direct message with your full experience, booking reference and email address. We will be happy to look into this further with our team.

Thanks *GW
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Hi EtihadHelp,

Thanks for taking the time to contact me here on Flyertalk

I would like to hear more about your experience (here in the forum), please send me a direct message with your full experience, booking reference and email address. I will be happy to look into this further with our team.

Thanks *HF
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: Transaero Gold,Air Madagascar Platinium
Hi,

The same as for my BOM-AUH J trip. Looks as if AUH-subcontinent service is way behind AUH-other areas except intra-Gulf.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by h1ghfly3r
Hi EtihadHelp,

Thanks for taking the time to contact me here on Flyertalk

I would like to hear more about your experience (here in the forum), please send me a direct message with your full experience, booking reference and email address. I will be happy to look into this further with our team.

Thanks *HF
ROFL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.