Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earliest check in times

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GHA Gold Priority Club Gold,Etihad Guest,EK Skywards,BA exec and QR privilege
Earliest check in times

We are flying EY in F from LHR stopping over in Abu Dhabi for 3 days then on to SIN
On the return we're stopping over in Abu Dhabi again for 3 nights before flying back to LHR.

When we fly to SIN we will have some time to kill between checking out of the hotel and earliest check in(3 hours before departure) and I would prefer to get to the airport early as my wife has mobility issues so things take longer than normal.We can easily kill time at the airport having a meal,shower and look round the shops.
So what's the earliest check in at the airport,3 hours as per Etihads website?

I have the same problem on the return to AUH from SIN,I believe some airlines use a "special" check in for premium pax do Etihad use this facility(can't remember what it's called)
thanks for any help. H
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:11 pm

I don't know the answer, but if it's 3 hours and you're in F, that's pretty lousy.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:46 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by SuanLum
We are flying EY in F from LHR stopping over in Abu Dhabi for 3 days then on to SIN
On the return we're stopping over in Abu Dhabi again for 3 nights before flying back to LHR.

When we fly to SIN we will have some time to kill between checking out of the hotel and earliest check in(3 hours before departure) and I would prefer to get to the airport early as my wife has mobility issues so things take longer than normal.We can easily kill time at the airport having a meal,shower and look round the shops.
So what's the earliest check in at the airport,3 hours as per Etihads website?

I have the same problem on the return to AUH from SIN,I believe some airlines use a "special" check in for premium pax do Etihad use this facility(can't remember what it's called)
thanks for any help. H
Dear SuanLum,

Could we have your PNR and we will check it out with our airport staff if we can assist you accordingly.

As you are flying with us in F class, we believe that 3 hours will be enough for you to check in at the premium counter at the airport.

Thank you. *JS
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:36 am

I don't believe that's what he's asking. He's asking what is the earliest he can check in, as he would like to get there as early as possible. So whilst you're confirming that 3 hours is enough, what if he wanted to get there say 4 hours in advance? Is there a limit as to how far in advance he can check in, if he wanted?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 4:50 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
I don't believe that's what he's asking. He's asking what is the earliest he can check in, as he would like to get there as early as possible. So whilst you're confirming that 3 hours is enough, what if he wanted to get there say 4 hours in advance? Is there a limit as to how far in advance he can check in, if he wanted?
Dear MacMyDay,

We are sorry to say the check in process will be opened 3 hours prior to the departure.

We will double check with our airport team if we can do anything for our guest. Thank you. *JS
Old Jul 4, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Not exactly what you want to achieve but some info:

AUH airport's website specifies that for Etihad check in opens 4 hrs prior to departure http://www.abudhabiairport.ae/englis...uidelines.aspx, Etihad's own site says 3 hours. Presumably it is the airport's website that is incorrect.

In AUH, there is a city check in option for 4-24hrs prior to departure, so you could go from hotel to the city check in, opposite the Abu Dhabi Mall, drop your checked bags off, then head to airport and proceed directly airside, but that may be even more inconvenient with a restricted mobility passenger, depending on where your hotel is.
http://www.etihad.com/en-gb/before-y...city-check-in/

There is also a bag drop full check in at Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Centre, 4-24hrs prior to departure, with an ability to use some facilities at the Aloft hotel. There is reference to needing to be an EXPO visitor, and for both options, impaired mobility may make it tricky if you need assistance.
http://www.abudhabiairport.ae/englis...-check-in.aspx

Whilst at SIN, Etihad offer an 'early check in' from 1600hrs – 2030hrs, but not clear how that is any earlier than normal for the 20:10 flight, unless they mean the night before which would not be of use to you.
http://www.changiairport.com/en/flight/airlines.html
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: GHA Gold Priority Club Gold,Etihad Guest,EK Skywards,BA exec and QR privilege
Thanks everyone for your help. It's not a life or death situation but given a choice taking into account my wifes ailments and the climate I would prefer to relax in the EY lounge at the airport than the hotel lobby.
We are on a 3 day stopover in Abu Dhabi in both directions between LHR and SIN and have chauffeur transport if that helps.
If I check in online and arrange an early transfer to the airport and use bag drop will there be someone to arrange wheelchair and would we be allowed through?

thanks.........H

Sorry I should have said, we appear to have a 7 hour gap between hotel check out and flight check in hence my question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.