Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

A Thumbs Up to Etihad - Baggage Delay at CCU

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Thumbs Up to Etihad - Baggage Delay at CCU

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: HH - Gold, Marriott - Platinum, Flying Returns - Gold
Etihad Claim

My bags are not tracked yet and its been already 21 days. Request you to please ask your team to expedite the process of missing bags claim.

Last edited by Prospero; Jul 4, 2015 at 11:26 am Reason: Remove personal information. Remember this is a public forum
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:46 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Thank you we will ask our team to look into this for you. *DP
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:47 am

Delayed baggage Eithad

I was on the London to Mumbai route with Eithad which flew on the 5th of July. I was so impressed with the airline (having travelled many other carriers) that I was desperately waiting to get to ground and bash about the good service...and then this happens.. Completely disappointed now.-!
Our bags did not arrive at Mumbai with us and is understandable circumstances being that our London to Abu Dhabi flight got delayed and rushing through to make it to the Mumbai flight. However the ground staff assured there are 2 flights from Abu Dhabi to mumbai everyday and they would send the bags to us within 24 hours as it would be loaded into thr evening flight. Been more than 48hrs and the customer care people only answer phone once out of the 20 times I tried. And what they have to say is the bags are being 'searched' at Abu Dhabi and haven't arrived at Mumbai yet. This is really unprofessional behaviour and makes it so difficult for me as I am in Mumbai to attend my brothers wedding and all my ethnic clothes and stuff are in the bag.

Really upset with Eithad now

Last edited by Zahra merchant; Jul 8, 2015 at 5:53 am
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Zahra merchant
I was on the London to Mumbai route with Eithad which flew on the 5th of July. I was so impressed with the airline (having travelled many other carriers) that I was desperately waiting to get to ground and bash about the good service...and then this happens.. Completely disappointed now.-!
Our bags did not arrive at Mumbai with us and is understandable circumstances being that our London to Abu Dhabi flight got delayed and rushing through to make it to the Mumbai flight. However the ground staff assured there are 2 flights from Abu Dhabi to mumbai everyday and they would send the bags to us within 24 hours as it would be loaded into thr evening flight. Been more than 48hrs and the customer care people only answer phone once out of the 20 times I tried. And what they have to say is the bags are being 'searched' at Abu Dhabi and haven't arrived at Mumbai yet. This is really unprofessional behaviour and makes it so difficult for me as I am in Mumbai to attend my brothers wedding and all my ethnic clothes and stuff are in the bag.

Really upset with Eithad now
Dear Zahra,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the service failure. Could you please send us your PIR or baggage tag number by inbox message and we will check this out for you.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance. Thanks. *JS
Old Jul 11, 2015, 6:23 am

I have a very bad experience with Etihad.
My parents came today morning from AbuDhabi to Edinburgh,none of their checked in baggage arrived.
They were told by Etihad airline at edinburgh that they may get their luggage back tomorrow and they can only claim for reimbursement if the baggage is delayed by 3 days.
My parents are elderly people they did not carry any heavy hand luggage all their essential items and clothes were in the luggage.
What are they going to do for 24 hours?stay in the same dress ?The airlines ahould reimburse the money for buying essentia stuff for them.
They were not even provided with the file reference number so that they can track baggage online.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 3:35 am

Angry Delayed Unexceptionally

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Thank you we will ask our team to look into this for you. *DP
Hello Team,

Its been already 1 month after my bags are lost but so far there is no update on the compensation that needs to be provided.

Can you please ask team to revert back in 1-2 days?

My claim number: AHL DELEY 16995

Thanks,
Ankur
Old Jul 13, 2015, 3:34 pm

Dear DEBZ,

We are sorry to hear about this recent experience your family have encountered when flying with us, we would certainly like to help.

Could you kindly send us a private message us the bag tag numbers and we will take a look at this for you and contact our team accordingly *GW
Old Jul 13, 2015, 3:36 pm

Dear yessunny,

Thanks for contacting us here on Flyertalk, we will certainly look into this for you. Please accept our apologies for this delay, we will get a message to our team now and ask for an update for you. *GW
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:07 am

Baggage claim not received

Hello Etihad Team,

Its been more than 1 month from the date of my baggage loss. And I have not received any compensation details so far.

Can you please help in expedite the same?

Claim no: AHL DELEY 16995
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:08 am

Angry

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear yessunny,

Thanks for contacting us here on Flyertalk, we will certainly look into this for you. Please accept our apologies for this delay, we will get a message to our team now and ask for an update for you. *GW
No one has reverted back from your team. Please dont make false promises. Kindly expedite!!!
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by yessunny
No one has reverted back from your team. Please dont make false promises. Kindly expedite!!!
Hi there, sorry for this delay. We are in touch with our team in Delhi and they informed us they are processing your baggage claim. They will contact you with more details. Thank you again for your patience *FT
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Were they already processing the claim, or had they forgotten about it/not yet started it, in which case your intervention may have speeded things up (after over a month, "speed" seems the wrong word here)?
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:00 pm

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
This thread alone (while there are many others) cements my decision not to travel with EY anytime soon.

It appears QR/EY are good so long as everything goes like clockwork. Otherwise it's a horrible mess.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 8:22 pm

I arrived in MAA from LAX on July 17 on Etihad Business. I waited with an infant at the airport for an hour hoping the bags would make it. To add insult to the injury at 4am, there was additional 1hr wait to fill out the form for lost baggage. A fussy infant, no clothes, no diapers and no status from Etihad after 24 hours. There is no answer from the phone number provided for baggage status. If this is how they handle the first/business bags, I dread the way Etihad handles economy bags.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 4:18 am

Angry Pathetic service.. Super SLowwwwwwwwwwwwww Etihad

Hi Team,

I have not heard back from Delhi team. And they are telling me that its pending with claims department. They have already given me 3 dates and at none of the dates they have been able to give any answer.

Please HELP! Else I am bound to take legal action...

AHL DELEY 16995

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.