Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Card receipt

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2015, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Gold Card receipt

Has anyone received their (new design) Gold Card yet? Became Gold in April but yet to receive my card.

Frustrating as I have a 9W flight coming up
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Got this in an email dated 10 February 2015. Needless to say, I am still waiting...........

Your new Etihad Guest Platinum card will be delivered by 31 May 2015. To ensure it reaches you, please verify that the physical address details we have on our record are up-to-date by logging onto the Etihad Guest website.

In the meantime, if you are planning to travel before your new card arrives, simply print a copy of this email (which is valid until 31 May 2015) and present it at the airport along with your existing Etihad Guest Gold Elite card to enjoy all the benefits.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:12 am
Tel

Programs: old,FB gold,BMI silver,QR Gold,HH Gold.SPG Gold BA Silver
Originally Posted by Acid
Has anyone received their (new design) Gold Card yet? Became Gold in April but yet to receive my card.

Received yesterday June 9th
Old Jun 10, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I had no idea I was due to get a new design.

However given that it takes a couple of months+ to get a new card when you reach the milestone to upgrade then this is no surprise. However have not yet found that the gold card itself serves any purpose nor i have to say Gold Status.

In the UK they have yet to get around to changing Gold Elite to Platinum on the telephone answer service
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:34 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by Acid

Dear Acid,

As Etihad has rebranded the new Etihad Guest card, the new cards are being sent since end of May. It will take some time to reach you.

Thank you for your patience. *JS
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Got an email today saying card will come in Auguist! Seriously - does it take that long to rebrand and send out cards!
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:04 pm

Acid, received the same email which states "Your new membership card will arrive by 10 August". So, it need not necessarily arrive in August but, hopefully, well before then. The emphasis on 'hopefully'.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:14 am

Just got mine. Requested 17/03/2015.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
In my case life may have expired whilst looking for an award space!

BTW the card itself is not necessary to receive benefits as if EY booking it will be recorded on booking and otherwise Etihad will issue you with a letter confirming your status as the process of issuing cards is so slow (by the time my new silver card had arrived I had gold status!)
Old Jun 17, 2015, 7:32 am

Hi Acid,

Thanks for reaching out, we apologise for this delay, we understand your frustrations and will get this to you. Thank you for your patience and understanding *GW
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amnicoll
In my case life may have expired whilst looking for an award space!

BTW the card itself is not necessary to receive benefits as if EY booking it will be recorded on booking and otherwise Etihad will issue you with a letter confirming your status as the process of issuing cards is so slow (by the time my new silver card had arrived I had gold status!)
Card is absolutely required for benefits when traveling on partners (9W). Even with a card its a hit or a miss but at least there is hope. They don't honor the letter.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Will everyone receive the new card or just when you (re)qualified for a status?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by h1ghfly3r
Will everyone receive the new card or just when you (re)qualified for a status?
It's for everyone Did you receive our email about this?

*JP
Old Jun 19, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Well. I got my new card today along with my wifes and my sons. All three of us requalified for silver. All three have been sent the wrong cards saying we failed to requalify. Our status online is correct.

I really cant be bothered with contacting them. I have so many bonus miles and guest miles and partner miles missing. I really have lost interest in telling them . Filling in online forms and been passed to different people on their help desk is a waste of time.

EY customer service is so bad, I really dont have the energy anymore to argue with them after a long week at work.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 8:04 am

Hi eddibabyyeah, could you please send us your EY guest number to our inbox? We will inform our Etihad Guest team to assist you. Thank you! *ZD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.