Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Horrible customer service and generic replies

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.

They have real fingers???? 😜
Old May 18, 2015, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear Goodtimes321,

first of all, we would like to genuinely thank you for your efforts and your honest feedback. We are sad to hear about your disappointment with us, and regret that you did not get a satisfying answer from us during our latest correspondence.

If we can do anything for you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us. Our Guest Affairs team, and also our Social Media team are here for you 24/7. We are real people with real and quick typing fingers .

But for now, we just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for your honesty and apologize for the way things were handled.

Warm regards,
*JP
Dear pml147,

That's not good to hear. We would like to thank you for your honest and straight up feedback. Kindly know, we are taking note of this and are using this feedback to improve our services for you.

If there is anything we can do to help, please do not hesitate to contact us in the future. We will be glad to help. You can also reach out to us on our Social Media channels at any time.

Best regards,
*JP
Sorry but how is this any different from the typical generic computer response?
This is hilarious
Old May 18, 2015, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Sorry but how is this any different from the typical generic computer response?
A computer would never say "We are real people". Computers don't have "typing fingers". Surely that is completely obvious! Obvious, I say.
Old May 19, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA Plt HertzpresC Avisfirst
Dear Goodtimes321,

first of all, we would like to genuinely thank you for your efforts and your honest feedback. We are sad to hear about your disappointment with us, and regret that you did not get a satisfying answer from us during our latest correspondence.

If we can do anything for you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us. Our Guest Affairs team, and also our Social Media team are here for you 24/7. We are real people with real and quick typing fingers .

But for now, we just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for your honesty and apologize for the way things were handled.

Warm regards,
*JP
My apologies. I did write UA in my post. Should have been a little more clear. Never flew Eithad, all the best to you and your people.
Old May 21, 2015, 3:18 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Afraid so

I have spoken with the telephone help desk twice now about a problem with my booking and despite promises am without success.

I emailed Guestgold and feedback 24 hours ago with the complaint and have NOT even had an acknowledgement
Old May 21, 2015, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Those who can should sign up to the Etihad Premium channel. It seems that these queries are actually dealt with in the manner that any reasonable person would expect.

I'm not a serial complainer (and I dislike the posters upthread who seem to suggest that if you receive poor service, it's because you deserve it). But I've had reason to "complain" 3 times so far this year - all for the same (still unresolved) mileage crediting problem.

I had a basic, simple missing mileage request on the back of a rerouting during the fog closure in January. Twice I requested the miles via the normal channels. Twice the request failed - the first after a delay of 2 months, the second after a delay of almost 3 months - the second one with a perky email telling me that "the miles had already been posted". Whoever finalised the investigation didn't even look at the flights that I had highlighted in my email - and ended up telling me that I had received the miles for the outbound, when it was the miles for the inbound that I was enquiring about.

I've taken it up now with the Etihad Premium channel, and while it's not still not been resolved in the initial timeframe that they stated last week, it does seem as if someone is actually engaging with, and understanding, the problem this time.
Old May 21, 2015, 10:11 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Those who can should sign up to the Etihad Premium channel. It seems that these queries are actually dealt with in the manner that any reasonable person would expect.

I'm not a serial complainer (and I dislike the posters upthread who seem to suggest that if you receive poor service, it's because you deserve it). But I've had reason to "complain" 3 times so far this year - all for the same (still unresolved) mileage crediting problem.

I had a basic, simple missing mileage request on the back of a rerouting during the fog closure in January. Twice I requested the miles via the normal channels. Twice the request failed - the first after a delay of 2 months, the second after a delay of almost 3 months - the second one with a perky email telling me that "the miles had already been posted". Whoever finalised the investigation didn't even look at the flights that I had highlighted in my email - and ended up telling me that I had received the miles for the outbound, when it was the miles for the inbound that I was enquiring about.

I've taken it up now with the Etihad Premium channel, and while it's not still not been resolved in the initial timeframe that they stated last week, it does seem as if someone is actually engaging with, and understanding, the problem this time.
Hi irishguy28,

We regret to hear about your experience with us. Kindly send your Etihad Guest number via private message to look into this for you. *ES
Old May 25, 2015, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Except that they take 2 weeks or more to actually approve you for the Etihad Premium channel. I've been waiting 15 days now. Still, 3 months to be approved and maybe 1-2 months for an answer would still be faster than their usual customer service responses. I'm still waiting for a mileage credit from last November.
Old May 25, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
I am not a big fan of their guestgold-email. However, their Facebook team does a good job. Had a few (mostly smaller issues) such as lost booking confirmation, seat changes and so on and they were mostly able to reply within an hour. Therefore is the Facebook service my choice over email and phone.
Old May 26, 2015, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
Except that they take 2 weeks or more to actually approve you for the Etihad Premium channel. I've been waiting 15 days now. Still, 3 months to be approved and maybe 1-2 months for an answer would still be faster than their usual customer service responses. I'm still waiting for a mileage credit from last November.
Hi B747-437B, we have replied to your previous post. We are still waiting for your direct message *ES
Old May 26, 2015, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by h1ghfly3r
I am not a big fan of their guestgold-email. However, their Facebook team does a good job. Had a few (mostly smaller issues) such as lost booking confirmation, seat changes and so on and they were mostly able to reply within an hour. Therefore is the Facebook service my choice over email and phone.
Thanks for the compliment h1ghfly3r! We are always here to help.

Etihad social media team

*ES
Old May 26, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
This is the Etihad guest charter!

At Etihad Airways, customer care assumes a new significance

At the core of our endeavor to maintain a lasting relationship with our customers is our firm belief that when people fly with us, they fly as our guests and not as passengers. All our services on the ground and on board are guided by our unique, 'guest-first' philosophy.

We seek to establish a relationship with you through all stages of your journey with us, right from planning and booking your travel to reaching you to your destination and taking action on your feedback, if any. Our Guest Affairs team is always at your service, ensuring that you get a quick, satisfactory response to your queries, suggestions and complaints.
Old May 26, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.

What rubbish!

On board they are wonderful (in my experience which has been in F and J), otherwise their customer service is crap!
Old May 27, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
I actually found I was approved for the Twitter channel really fast; certainly less than 24 hours!!
Old May 27, 2015, 4:42 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

I personally think the mods should ban Etihadhelp from the board for at least a week. They have too many generic replies that don't answer the question or just point you to the 1-800. Really not why I come to flyertalk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.