Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Chauffeur service... can everyone in your party join?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Being a business class passenger for my Etihad flight I'm given the opportunity to use the complimentary chauffeur service which I have every intention of using. However, while I'm traveling, I will be with a few friends who are flying on the exact same itinerary as me, but not in business class. Two are award economy seats through AA miles and one is paid out of pocket. If we're leaving from the exact same place are they allowed to join me so long as the car fits everybody or is this not allowed?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
i believe its always plus 1.... but its definitely worth checking...
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

I would like to know this also, I'm flying F and +3 family members are flying Y
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:50 pm

Don't think it's allowed, but for a tip I reckon it's worth a go! Just have a cab booked in case it's a no!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:10 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
You could probably get away with it, they don't care who is in the car, however your issue will be luggage space. Even with 2 large suitcases and 2 carry ons the drivers have to use the front passenger seat for storage in an S Class if we sit in the back.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:41 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Last week we were 2 pax booked in EY car - 4 of us actually travelled in the car - Audi A6. No issues at all.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:56 pm

Programs: DL-SM Silver, EY-Gold, HH
Have done it with a family of four, two biz and two economy, mid-size bags. Had no problems, A6 sedan...
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Might depend on the driver as it is my understanding that it is not permitted - a decent tip might help but if you are traveling TO the airport then make sure you have a plan B just in case
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:11 am

In my case no problems so far - 2 return trips in Sao Paulo - 1xF and 1xJ class (z fare), to and from AUH airport - 2xJ and 1xY all had no problems whatsoever..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.